Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

We could do with Offaly and Wicklow at home you feel. A tall order to survive that.

Should definitely bring all the games to Rathkeale. Make it awkward

1 Like

Ni idea boss. Iā€™m just being nosey is all

Lapsed Poster @Sean_stack I believe.

Cant see us being back to normal for next year. Iā€™d imagine crowd limits for Championship is the best you could hope for but Iā€™d say we are behind closed doors for the league at least.

Iā€™d say the reasoning was simply to get game time in to DOD.

Mountcollins. Their second pitch.

3 Likes

We could do with Cavan at home. The trip is fine, itā€™s just a kip.

I think heā€™s right here. The only thing this Limerick hurling team is missing.

Limerickā€™s video analyst Sean Oā€™Donnell will have been showing the players the importance of one extra pass in creating goal chances. A quick look inside on 6 mins 53 secs and Aaron Gillaneā€™s point becomes a goal if he arrows a delivery to Peter Casey.

If Kyle Hayes, on 54 mins 26 secs, plays a one-two with Gearoid Hegarty en route to goal, a wide becomes a green flag.

David Reidyā€™s decision to opt for a shot on goal on 67 mins 50 secs and not angle a delivery to Gillane would not happen if Bubbles or Callanan were in possession.

2 Likes

Yes. A touch too quick to take a handy point when a goal was on

1 Like

Iā€™ve pointed this out on numerous occasions going right back to 2018. Graeme is a serial offender.

1 Like

Not just that, the Tipp lads are always hunting for goals, they will try to force one. We donā€™t have that in our playbook yet, happy to take the points.

Dowling was the one player that could individually create a goal from nothing, either himself or by seeing a pass the others donā€™t. With him gone Lynch and possibly Casey are the only players we have with this kind of vision and creativity. Gillane can be unstoppable but I donā€™t think this is in his game in the same way Callahan has it.

1 Like

FFS - Are Limerick going to take advice from Derek on having a more attack minded game :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

11 Likes

An awful stink of inferiority here

They scored so many points the other day fellas are trying to change the rules. If they start scoring goals as well theyā€™ll fuck us out of the championship.
Weā€™ll score goals on Sunday because we wonā€™t have the time to hit it over the bar from 90 yards. But they will too.

2 Likes

Cheddar and Brian Carroll tipping Tipp has shaken us to our core.

I wouldnā€™t be getting it off you pal, but the original post stunk of it.

Lk will beat tipp. They just have their number. Croker on a fine day is a different thing.

Thatā€™s why we got the championship pushed to the winter

1 Like

You gomie, Limerick hurl best in sweltering heat.

No disrespect but in full flow on a fine day, tipp are the best team youā€™d ever see.