Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

I wouldn’t know much pre 2006 to be honest but since then…

Considine x 2 with the Balbec, who else did he win one with?
Sparrow x 3 with Adare and 1 with the Balbec.
Stack x1 or possibly x2 with Na Piarsaigh (Was he there in 2011?)

1 Like

Considine won with Garryspillane didn’t he? The Henry Martin final. 2003 or 4?

4 Likes

Tony won with the bouncers as well. Stack got two with NAP. Fall was over the 'Well in the early 2000s

1 Like

That would bring you to double figures alright.

I’d love to see Considine win another with Kilmallock.

There’s something very, very special about Fitzgerald Park, Kilmallock on Munster Club Sundays. Pretty sure they have a home semi final if they beat ‘The Well’.

4 Likes

Is it not the case that you don’t get home advantage as such for the All Ireland series?
It can be played in the county but not your home pitch?

Wasn’t The Sparrow manager in 2012 and 2014?

Tony just understands us.

1 Like

Considine was there in 2010 and 2012 for those titanic games vs Thurles Sars. Left after 2013 and Sparrow took over in 2014.

We played them in a challenge in 2013 and Considine came into our dressing room afterwards and said ‘we might see ye before the year is out in the Munster Club’. Our whole dressing room burst out laughing at him.

1 Like

Will the Well have what it takes to beat Ballygunner?

It can be played in the home pitch if it is capable of holding a game. Sixmilebridge and Kilmallock have played Munster Club matches in their home grounds. There wouldn’t be too many capable of doing it though.

2 Likes

The one time we got into the Munster club we were going to be able to play it in Askeaton, but it rained non stop for the 24hours before the game and the pitch was deemed unplayable, so they moved it up to Ballyagran which was in even worse condition.

2 Likes

Munster Club Football action nearly came to Drom one year.

The game was fixed for Drom but there was a load of rain the day before and the field couldn’t take it. Was moved to the Gaelic Grounds then.

1 Like

Munster is the only province where this lovely tradition still exists.

Dr. Crokes, Clonmel Commercials, Sixmilebridge and Kilmallock have all played big games on their own pitch in recent years.

It was stopped up in Connacht after the Corofin v Brigid’s fiasco in 2011 and in Ulster after Crossmaglen kicked the shit out of St. Galls that time.

2 Likes

I doubt if either the Well or Killmallock will be sober enough to field a team in the Munster championship.
Two great drinking towns

1 Like

The first time ye won it didn’t ye have two matches at home? Stradbally I think it was and then another match after that

Blackrock had a game at home a couple of years ago too. It’s a nice reward for clubs that put in the work to have their grounds up to scratch - unlike the likes of Nap, Adare and The Well. Kilmallock, Blackrock, Drom, NCW and Croagh would all be able to play home games

You’re right. I’d have only been 6 at the time so I don’t remember it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your pitch has not been playable since

I think you have to have a stand with seating

A big one used to be that the pitch was enclosed and that referee and players could have a clear path to the dressing room (i.e. not have to go through the crowd).

NCW is a national league venue and that doesn’t have any seats.