Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

There are some who have had a go with two of the three, there’s probably even one or two who’ve had a go with three of the three. The Nash brothers played one with us and one with Kildimo.

1 Like

Yea, lived. Tullaherin (thanks for correcting my spelling) is only a church on a cross roads in the middle of the country, whereas Bennettsbridge is a small town where the pitch is.

We’re willing to let Ken O’Donoghue have a go at 3/3.

2 Likes

Could Kilcornan field an adult team in both codes if they applied themselves

I wouldn’t think so. Tiny place which should have been properly amalgamated with a neighbouring club years ago.

Would they be the smallest parish in the County I wonder??

Hardly, they aren’t that small.

1 Like

My beloved Caherline will walk this.

Newcastlewest turned out nice odds for that

They’d field a decent football team.

1 Like

Has there ever been a push there to restart the club ???

Could we see Tom and Dan Morrissey transfer to d’Well? Barry Nash to Na Piarsaigh?

No.

Crecora, Patrickswell and Ballybrown are already in the City division. Ahane are East. Once you pick your club as a young lad it’s tricky enough to switch thereafter. They don’t encourage it or make the switch easy. Could involve taking a year out. Think it could even be a compulsory lay-off.

That ‘year out’ rule never existed in Limerick, certainly doesn’t exist anymore

1 Like

Certainly existed when I was coaching underage teams over 10 years ago. Couple of high profile cases that I don’t want to get into on here.

1 Like

The year out thing?? Really? Thought that was only a Cork thing

I’m sure somebody will come on here and explain it. I don’t know the details but you sure can’t down hurls mid championship and move to another club. They are probably only dealt with in the off season and has to be proposed and seconded at a public meeting. If somebody objects, then the fun starts. And I’m fairly sure the lay-off period was to discourage it.

Oh I know it can’t be done mid Championship. It must be done off season. But I’ve never heard of a compulsory lay off

There was a long drawn out one involving Croom and Crecora a good few years back