Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

The day Paddy Kelly won his All Star

1 Like

Have Na Pairsaigh regressed underage?

Not a popular man in west Limerick

I’d say Paddy has never been further west than Rourke’s Cross in his life. And rightly so.

1 Like

If Paddy had his way, Hannon, Flanagan and Hayes wouldn’t be on the Limerick panel

I thought Paddy got his all star for scoring something like 12 points in a league final. It was a record for a long time.

1 Like

How come?

We upset the Westies every few years by rounding up a few young fellas at the cross to win County Minor and U21 Football titles. Paddy, a man with no footballing background has managed them to victory. The sheepstealers don’t like that.

2 Likes

In the late noughties, Paddy came out and said no West Limerick players should be on the Limerick hurling panel.

Paddy sounds like a right laugh.

As @balbec states, Paddy doesn’t get out of Kilmallock much.

In the late noughties he was probably right

1 Like

I can assure you not many back west were too upset

Oddly enough folk for the football enclaves of South Limerick took offence on behalf of west limerick :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

He meant it in a broader sense though. As in, hurlers from the west should never play for Limerick :man_shrugging: Absolutely bizarre thing to come out with.

Even if just inferred for the late noughties, you’d basically be telling the likes of Mark Foley, Donal O’Grady, Wayne McNamara, Timmy Houlihan to fcuk off.

And John Roche

1 Like

My heart bleeds for them.

Adare isn’t west FFS. Decent land around there.

If I recall correctly, Paddy had an issue with the amount of West players on the 2005 Minor Hurling Panel who reached the All Ireland Hurling Final, beaten by a Joe Canning inspired Galway, there was a sizeable West contingent. His comments came early in the year. He looked pretty stupid when 1/3 of the team for the All Ireland Final was made up of West players, Limerick’s best Minor group since 1984.

Of course Paddy had a son on that Minor team, who started at wing back, and obviously his comments on West players at the start of the year were absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with him being concerned about his son’s starting spot. No sir.

6 Likes

Paddy is only a pants shitter himself great league hurler

Sure the little club of Kilmallock had five on that team.