Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

He was often the first man taken off. Probably too stylish for the Limerick style of the day.

Adare really isn’t West Limerick.
Some would say it’s the antithesis of West Limerick.
DOG was an outlier.

Thistle cutters from Tour

Ye wouldn’t have had a goalie for 50 years without us

2 Likes

You obviously don’t leave Kilmallock much either :joy: You have a very mis-informed view of West Limerick. Try travelling the other side of the N20 some time :wink: Adare is very much west, as is anywhere west of aforementioned road.

Some of the finest farming land in the country is in west Limerick. The bit past Barna Gap is hilly, but other than that it’s very good pasture land. Where I am in Croagh is as flat as a pancake, prime dairy country.

Go away you pretend Kerryman!

4 Likes

There was a great conversation on Abbeyfeale farmland on here a while ago.

Wannabe Charleville man :smiley:

1 Like

This old chestnut again. The dividing line is the N20. Adare is 4 miles west of that.

Not sure what you mean by “the antithesis of West Limerick”.

That’s a low one in fairness.

1 Like

The year we dropped Flanagan we couldn’t manage a poor Kilkenny, fucked an All Ireland away.

No Westies, no party :man_shrugging:

Fair play to the Normans , building the N20 to divide the county.

5 Likes

He was in poor form that year. The dropping served him well as he came back with a renewed vigour and a new look. Like Aguilera or Demi Lovato going grunge to show they’ve grown up. When Seamus’s biceps rippled after a clenched fist we knew the All Ireland was won.

He was robbed of POTY cc @Plastic_Paddy

1 Like

That’s a big area to produce little or fuck all hurlers.

Lads from Croagh calling themselves West when the real lads from back West would be laughing at them as townies

2 Likes

The residents don’t smell of silage and cow shit

I know plenty that smell of both :grin:

Croagh is 13 miles from the nearest city suburb Raheen. :thinking:

Ironically enough you’re close with that post. The west of the county is defined by the Norman Fitzgerald’s Desmond influence, i.e. Desmond Castles in Newcastlewest and Adare. With their HQ at Shanid Castle in Shanagolden. They even called the local soccer league The Desmond League to make it easier for you :shushing_face: