Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

The 2018 championship was hopeless stuff. Nothing really memorable from the round robin games bar the ghost goal in the Gaelic Grounds. Provincial finals were bang average.

People went bananas over the two semi finals going to Extra time.

The final was desperate altogether.

Still sour, after all these years

1 Like

I’d slightly disagree mate. The first game at home vs Tipp was very competitive. We won that. Cark the next day, was just a brilliant day out. 7pm throw in down there. Flanagan motm. Kyle Hayes drew the game at the death. Class. Flanagan was immense the same day. Fair enough we beat Waterford handy enough in the Gaelic Grounds and didnt turn up in Ennis in the 4th game.

I still liked the format though.

6 Likes

The quarter final with Kilkenny was a ferocious battle and the two semi finals were epics.

Bitter balls there isn’t worth replying to

3 Likes

The crowds will be very small next year in both senior IC championships . The poor product will be the reason rather than the timing .

The club game is the root of the GAA and the balance is right in next year’s structure .

Tom Morrissey in that quarter final v Kilkenny. I don’t think words can describe his two scores.

1 Like

Bitterness over our unbelievable success makes my cock hard

1 Like

Club is the root and all the money is in inter County. They’ll always follow the money when push comes to shove

People are picking and choosing their games already.

Bringing yourself, the wife and two kids to four group matches is pricey enough.

3 Likes

I don’t think any one is complaining about the club championship this year.

Up until this week the weather has been perfect. Counties had 12 or 13 good weeks to play.

Bringing the AI club pre Christmas so inter county teams can have their players back for the league is the big joke that needs to be addressed. Nothing wrong with AI Club in February.

The inter county game will still be the main focus for 7 months although catering fo 1% of the players

1 Like

You’re worse for biting. Don’t mind him.

1 Like

And 90% of revenue. That’s reality. Do you think the county boards could run anything without the money from inter County?

@Big_Dan_Campbell is right the county boards and provincial councils will create blue murder when they’re down on revenue and twiddling thumbs in May

April is only a cunt of a month for hurling. Still bitter cold and windy. Pints on the way to the games in hats and gloves like some rugby gimp, total bollox of a time. I don’t see it happening for more than one season

1 Like

You must be some steamer if you’re wearing a hat and scarf in April

Was there 15k at the Kilkenny game? It probably felt like a big win for Limerick at the time but it was a very poor KK team they beat who were playing in their 3rd week in a row.

Clare beat Wexford below in PUC the same year in a QF and it was horrendous stuff altogether.

The final must have broken the world record for the amount of wides hit.

It wasn’t a memorable championship.

2014 was the last really great championship. 2017 next best.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

The championships have been ran off fast in all counties . That is not sustainable

Not in Tipp anyway.

Limerick made a bollox of it with their structure. Shur Kilmallock have a 7 week gap now.

It is something else at the moment to be a Limerick supporter. Back to Back All Irelands. 3 out of the last 4. After all the sorry stories. Its incredible stuff.

We are no longer the bridesmaids of hurling - John Kiely said in 2018.

To drive it on again and do back to back. Incredible doesnt sum it up.

3 Likes