Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Yeah, Limerick Hurling is in serious bother.

Mungret have neā€™er a player near the Limk squad. Smokescreen

Obviously I didnā€™t mean it like that. Itā€™s just nice to see clubs going well in the provincials particularly the intermediate and junior

As far as I am aware no Lk club bar Effin has won the Munster intermediate

If Lynch was playing, Mungret would win this. Down to a goal now with the wind behind them. No real goal threat though.

1 Like

Liam Lynch will be in the coming years, please God. Heā€™s getting better every game he plays. A great prospect.

Unfortunately, he did his cruciate few weeks ago, so not involved today.

1 Like

Extra time!

Finally came to life in the final 15. Mungret were totally dominant but hit some amount of wides. Paul Oā€™Brien missed a free and a '65 to level it, and then hit a ridiculous shot from play which dropped short when he had men in support.

But the ref gave them a last chance, a soft enough free as the game passed 64 mins and Paulie nailed it.

Mungret are very frustrating to watch. Iā€™d nearly fancy them from here. Courcey very very limited other than Twomey.

Great display by Mungret after the cruel blow of losing Lynch. Would have won comfortably with him

Whoever played with the wind in the second half of extra time was always going to have the advantage, as the first half was always likely to be more tight.

Taking off Niall Mul was weird, he was their only player who scored in extra time and Mungret just lacked scoring forwards. Chams came on and got a goal but the others didnā€™t make much of an impact. Mullins came on earlier and did very well tbf to him but heā€™s not a scoring forward.

Twomey was a real handful, although Begley did much better on him than Kirby. Courcey hit a lot of aimless ball on top of Begley and youā€™d have to say he was excellent.

As @Breaking_my_balls said, if Lynch was playing, Mungret would have won that, heā€™d have tortured that full-back line. Courcey are very limited, and Mungret were also not great. Standard was poor enough honestly, a lot of people trying to do the right thing but skills letting them down (obviously conditions playing a part too).

Iā€™d be very surprised if Kilmoyley donā€™t beat Courcey.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve to get there first

Liberties won 2 yrs before Effin I think.

1 Like

You are correct

13th best team in Limerick losing to the 25th best team in Cork is poor. Courceys are extremly average.

2 Likes

:laughing: Today is a huge day for Cork hurling. This is something to really build on now.

5 Likes

Talking about club hurling mate. Cork club hurling is at an all time low yet the 25th best team in Cork can beat the 13th best team in Limerick.

2 Likes

Itā€™s almost as if theyā€™re two completely different counties with a massive disparity in amount of Clubs which makes it impossible to compare ā€œ13th v 25thā€ etcā€¦ Itā€™s almost as if thatā€™s the case. Fascinating.

3 Likes

What should be done to settle this is pick the best players from each of the counties and let them play each other

8 Likes

Fuckin brilliant idea!

We need a task force to look in to it.