Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

We’ve been too dominant for our own good.

too arrogant also and took the eye of the ball underage and paying Church a fortune to set ye back a few years

Not sure about the eye off the ball, big demographic change led to reduced numbers but seem to be going well enough again. The Ryan appointment was a fiasco. Luckily for us Bermo has revived and steadied the team.

1 Like

A 2013 Minor, so he turns 27 in 2022, yeah.

In terms of minor teams producing quality senior players the teams of 13 And 14 were incredible. Some amount of AI winners in those sides. DOD, Mike, Pat Simon, Richie in 13 and then Lynch, Nash, Tom, Finn, Hanley, Malachy, Flanagan, Casey, POL in 2014.

It’s mad that neither won an All Ireland.

The battles with WD those years were incredible they produced some amount through to senior also

Watched the 2014 final in Munich with an Irishman in a Cork jersey and a German man in a Kilkenny jersey who got more and more audible as John Walsh ran riot.

It was a blessing in disguise that we won neither. And I wouldn’t worry one bit about winning any Minor All Irelands in the future either.

21s/20s a far better barometer of if players will make the jump

4 Likes

Galway have won a crazy amount of them in the last 15 years and have 1 all Ireland to show for it since the 90s

It’s mad in the sense of how touted that group still was. The KK minor loss is really an anomaly with everything we know about them since, maybe more of a driver than the defeat at senior in 19?

The odds makers always respected them though, Limerick went off 1/7 against Galway 21s a few years later.

The morning of the first Championship match v Tipp in 18’, Limerick were 10/1 to win the AI after the strong League showing v Tipp.

People knew this crowd were different/special.

3 Likes

They truly were a golden generation

1 Like

How many have come from the 2016 final team?

Great to see a county being run self sufficiently and successful - it’s getting very hard to compete with these counties with their Sports Direct and Supermacs Sugar Daddies.

LIMERICK GAA accounts report a surplus of over a quarter of a million euro for for 2021.

This Tuesday night Limerick County Board held it’s second successive Annual Convention via Zoom with representatives of the 66 GAA clubs of the county.

Limerick GAA Treasurer Liam Bourke reported a profit of €260,327 to the end of their financial year, which was September 30, 2021.

That’s an increase of almost 160,000 on last year.

And, that increase is despite spending 1,321,258 on inter-county teams.

Limerick GAA had a commercial income of €771,229. This includes an increase in the sponsorship of the county teams from €443,173 to €684,771.

Grants and contributions also rose by over €230,000 to €819,241.

On top of this was a series of fund-raising initiatives - Club Limerick Draw 141,000 surplus, Win A Kuga Car 120,000 surplus and pre-All-Ireland final fund-raiser surplus €110,000.

Limerick GAA chairman John Cregan praised the work of many to ensure the finances are in a healthy state.

“Despite Covid restrictions the finances of the board are in a healthy state at a €260k surplus, which is a credit to our Treasurer Liam Bourke and all those who support him and Limerick GAA, through financial contributions and we have many,” outlined the chairman in his address to convention.

“I want to acknowledge all of these for their support and generosity; The McManus Family, JP and Noreen through Adare Manor Hotel, Gerry McManus and our competition sponsors. Club Limerick’s Sean Scanlan, Paul Stapleton and Eddie Wiley along with their respective committee members have once again raised the fund raising bar for Limerick GAA,” outlined Cregan.

“Tim Ryan and the Club Limerick draw committee have once again managed a further increase in membership. All of this fundraising work is very ably coordinated and supported by Siobhan Scanlon who goes above and beyond the call of duty at all times,” he said.

12 Likes

Awful luck. Hopefully, he can get it right soon.

Disaster for the lad personally.

It was this evening in Thurles I knew things were good. We lost the game but the brand of hurling was very impressive. I knew come championship we would beat them, it could have been 10/12 points the same afternoon.

2 Likes

We would have bate them that night in Thurles too if it wasn’t for the mistake by Nicky

1 Like

The goal at the start of ET I think. A poor short ball to Hickey?

Aye, went straight to Forde I think and he buried it

He hasn’t made an error since

1 Like

Kyle.

Connolly, Boylan x2, Brian Ryan, WOM, Jamie Power have all made the panel too.

1 Like