Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Cutting Colin Ryan out was bad form bud… Are you from Galbally way? Have you cut people out of team photos before?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: You have me!!

Twas Robbie Hanley was cut out

You’re right…

Eoghan Mc and ronan lynch would have been nailed on as future senior players at the time too.

1 Like

Ronan Lynch was something else back in those days.

Saw him play for the first time at Centre Forward in Harty Cup vs Nenagh in 2012 twice and he was unreal. Cian Lynch wouldn’t have stood out at all in those games. Barry O’Connell and Jamie Shanahan were the really big names on that ASR team at the time while David Dempsey was in goals.

Jason Forde still managed to beat them on his own though after 2 epic clashes in Tipp Town.

1 Like

Ronan Lynch got motm the following year in the u21 munster final against Clare. Iirc he got a few runs under kiely in the 2017 league but drifted away after that.

1 Like

Did he even play League under Kiely? Played under Teege twice in 2016 but was destroyed in a League Semi final against Waterford in Thurles.

Played in an intermediate match before Clare v Limerick 2017.

Pretty sure being taken off against Cuala in the Club All Ireland signalled the end of his Inter County career.

Most decorated hurler ever never to play a minute of Inter County Championship.

Ya he was a sub v Galway and game on in injury time in 2017.

2 Likes

Was that a League Semi final ye were well beat in?

Some turnaround after that.

I’m pretty sure he got a bit of a run with Kiely. Might even have started to 2017 league semi v Galway in 2017 where Galway effectively blew limerick away. .

Blown out of it that day.

So are we saying he did or he didn’t ever play Senior under Kiely?

I don’t think he did.

To think Gillane didn’t play a minute for that minor team. Goes to show the importance of the Fitzgibbon/Sigerson cups each year, they facilitate player breakthroughs so well. He was class for Mary I in 2017

1 Like

I thought Limerick were a sure thing this year. After recent events I’m less sure then I was

I’d say their panel mightnt be as deep as they think it is so if 1-18 don’t get the job done things might get interesting.

Unless he came on in a league came I don’t think so. That year cork hammered us in the 21s when Cian lynch was centre back seemed to finish kiely and ronan lynch.

1 Like

That Dayne Lee was widely hyped at the time, alongside Kingston who was the real star of the team.

Meade was good on the day too.

Tom was phenomenal, as were Malachy & Casey. Both sides had weak links in their respective backlines, Limerick would be hurt later on in the Championship by that.