Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

No I didn’t mean change for the sake of change.

Bunt I think we are best placed if someone can break through and unseat a starter on merit. Of course Kiely will pick the best 15. I just hope a new name is amongst them

I think we are best placed if someone looks like threatening taking one of their places and keeps the fire lit under them. I wouldn’t change any of the starting 15 for any of the subs. I think we’d be weakened

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I mentioned it. I worry that there is a bit of a chasm developing between our first 17-odd players and the rest. Hopefully someone on the bench, or on the U20s can develop enough to unseat, or at least seriously threaten to unseat, one of the starting 15.

1 Like

I still Waterford are closer to us than the scoreline last year suggested, three weeks in a row takes it out of teams, and they’ll be better this year.

A few people have mentioned the need for teams to be freshened up every so often and that makes sense. We have one spot up for grabs, but it could well be Mulcahy that gets Casey’s spot which isn’t much of a freshening up really.

We have the round robin back this year and Kiely had showed already he is willing to rotate to keep things fresh. That will keep it lit this year I think. There’s also possible injuries to factor in unfortunately. Next year we might be in need of seeing two new starters. I don’t think we’re in bad need of it this year, the guys starting are too good and the team won’t go stale overnight.

you want that threat there constantly - you want lads going in to training thinking they’re fucked if they don’t get it done tonight and the place is gone.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Richie English hit a bit of form in training.

Imagine being a sub corner forward and trying to make your name off Sean Finn in training… best of luck with that

I agree. Waterford are a good team. Our physicality won that for us and that will tell more on a tired team than a fresh one. I also think they may have the best manager in the game besides ourselves.

Thankfully we are not in bad need of anything, at least relative to everyone else. And the age profile is good too. But we’ve been on the road a long time now. Staleness, lack of hunger, an accumulation of injuries…it mightn’t take much to bring us back to the pack

1 Like

Lads go back and watch the all Ireland semi final. After about 20 minutes it was abundantly clear Waterford couldn’t beat limerick in a month of Sundays. They don’t have the hurling or the physicality. They are a fine side that get the most
Of themselves but when we play them it’s professionals versus amateurs. The gulf is absolutely huge.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Waterford fall of a cliff as deep down they know they’ve absolutely zero chance of beating limerick so it’ll be hard to get motivated.

they emptied the tank in that 20 minutes. That was everything they had. The hits kept coming and the wind just went out of them. They’ll have to find a different way to beat Limerick because trying to physically over power these boys is a folly.

2 Likes

They simply don’t have the players. I do think they are very close to getting the most of themselves and I’d have a lot of time for their management team but are still miles of this limerick side.

They are like Ballybrown in the limerick club championship. They can put it up to most sides and maybe even take a scalp but they’ll invariably fall short.

Unless limerick lose 4 or 5 key players Waterford won’t be beating limerick in the championship any time soon.

and they’re genuinely the second best team in the competition.

If Liam Cahill was in charge in cork, Galway or tipp I’d expect them to be second best. I think he’s excellent.

Sure that’s football country

There’s no renowned hurling men from Newcastle West

7 Likes

He said Newcastle West could mix it at both codes

When they were on top up to the first water break they couldn’t convert it to scores.

Yeah. Football and Camogie

4 Likes

Go back to bed Laz, you’re out of your depth here.

Bennet missed a load of frees and Cahill came over at the water break to have a word with him… Bennet fucked him away out of it. If Cahill had anything about him he’d have pulled Bennet there and then. The optics were terrible

We’ll have to wait and see how things pan out

nawful bang of that never happened off this