Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

They could but they won’t. They’ll always be a football dominant club

Why would patrickwell want to look at themselves? There isn’t a cork Club who’ve produced three hurlers of the quality of Byrnes, lynch and Gillane in the last fifteen years.

It’s a small enough village and has a small pick. They are doing incredibly well.

8 Likes

Ballygunner beat the well comfortably a few years back

Ballygunner are a fine team . Ahead of any club team in Lk bar a full strength Na P

All of this matters not a jot to the strength of respective county teams

You could argue that as a club rich in tradition, with 3 All Stars all currently at the peak of their powers, and with a decent supporting cast around them, they could be targeting a Munster & All Ireland Club.

Like when you see what Borrisileigh and Ballyea have done in recent years, it is possible.

Winning the limerick championship is their aim surely?

there is - it can be very difficult logistically to manage it.

When a club team is lifting and there are a few county lads on it - it runs in to the national league and preparations are skewed - the hurlers don’t have a break and it can be a nightmare for the county manager

It’s a negative relationship

The well have won 2 counties in recent years . Both were won in years when Na P underperformed . More power to them

They lost to Glen Rovers in a game they threw away

They were well beat by a better Ballygunner team

In 2018 nap either won or lost the all Ireland club final and all their players missed the league. Need I remind you what happened in 2018…

Sure it’s only half a parish

Mind the pun

1 Like

Only one lad started that year from NAP

How is the NAP injury situation looking now?

I have just never felt they add up to the sum of their parts compared to Na Piarsaigh in their prime or BG/Borrisileigh/Ballyea.

They should really have won the Limerick final in 2021 too and gone on further.

Kilmallock were miles better in the co final and were fully deserving winners

Like I said, if they added up to the sum of their parts they’d be beating a Kilmallock team that was probably past its best 4 years ago.

They were standing looking at them. It was the worst game of hurling I ever seen.

It was fairly obvious the well thought their work was done in the semi final. They clearly underestimated killmallock in the final imo.

Similar in all Ireland football championship this year when Mayo dumped out Dublin and then they lose to Tyrone.

They were very lucky to beat an average Adare team in quarter final

They beat an injury ravaged Na P in semi .

Their form line was nothing to write home about

Sure we haven’t lost a County Final to the Well in fifty years @Watchyourtoes . Can’t bate tradition.

3 Likes

In fairness adare are always putting it up to them. They’ve struggled against ballybrown and adare at times in the past few years.

Adare are watery as fuck, no balls. They rise to the Well but no one else