Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Thereā€™s a real hatred there between the two villages and itā€™s great. Give me adare v the well any day of the week ahead of the cork champion playing the limerick champions or whatever.

1 Like

Donā€™t you dare deflect that embarrassment Sunday our way! :laughing:

1 Like

Not a single year maybe, although how club teams perform over a stretch of 4-5 years I feel is very relevant. Ballybrown, the Well and Kilmallock all reaching All Ireland finals in the build up to that successful Limerick side of mid 90s. Kilmallock and Nap reaching club finals in the build up the current Limerick teamā€™s success.

Decline of Cork intercounty hurling is directly related to the collapse in std of the big 3 in the City.

4 Likes

itā€™s 1980 since the Barrs won Munster kid.

That will count for little when the time comes. The bandwagoners will know nothing but success and they will be bloodthirsty

Only one sub in last years final

Depends on the specific circumstances. Look at Ballygunner, youā€™d imagine they will continue to dominate Waterford for the foreseeable future and their success is pretty much irrelevant to Waterford. They will remain a dominant club in Munster due to the pick that they have, and the players that they continue to bring through.

how many are on next years panel?.. sure Kilmallock had no lad starting last years final either.

This is the Munster rugby type element of the support

1 Like

2023?

1 Like

sound. :+1:

How many of the Kilmallock team have been part of a Limerick senior panel in the last 5 years?

10 or 11 Iā€™d say?

Seven or eight. Hennessey, Paudie, Costello, Hanley, Mul, Reilly, Gavin, POL. But most of them are nearly done. Weā€™re in decline sure.

Havenā€™t the rest like Joy/COC/Woulfe/Oā€™Loughlin x2/KOD all started on Limerick Minor & Under 21 teams too?

You forgot Chanley

2 Likes

You could look at Thurles over the last decade and be left just as baffled

1 Like

Kilmallock kept up Limerick clubs record of not winning Munster since 2017. Bodes well as weā€™ve pretty much won everything at IC level since. Good omen

3 Likes

Would the well and Adare be the most bitter rivalry in limerick?

I presume cappamore v pallas green and a few of the west clashes would be similar but in the senior hurling itā€™s adare v the well and the well v ballybrown.