Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Thatā€™s bullshit, youā€™d have to go back to the 70s to find a time when all three were seriously in the mix and backboning Cork teams

1 Like

Newtown and Midleton have been the ones taking up the mantle in recent years

Midleton havenā€™t really produced any top class hurlers since the 80s to be honest, Newtown have been successful but no only the twins have been in the upper echelon of hurlers.

Iā€™m not quite sure whatā€™s being debated here, :grinning:
I mean itā€™s obvious that Cork hurling has been at a low ebb but Cork have been successful in the past while their club teams have been trounced in Munster, and vice versa, I donā€™t think itā€™s really relevant

@peddlerscross nonsense

Bruree v Kilmallock except they are shite now.

2 Likes

Midleton?

Iā€™ve thrown in a few grenades and suddenly the Limerick lads are turning on each other, drumming up some bitterness amongst themselves.

Remarkable.

1 Like

arenā€™t they the ones sent out to slaughter when Immokilly win it?

In fairness after Newtown theyā€™re the most recent winners of it from Cork :smiley:

youā€™re great

if you want to see a master in action come over and read the Liverpool thread, Iā€™ve fellas talking about real estate in Manchester

1 Like

At least 4 different clubs have won it since Newtown. Their introduction into the argument is odd

Thereā€™s a real skill involved in that.

1 Like

my aura makes lads jittery

1 Like

Iā€™d be similar.

I had lads scrambling around last week by simply asking who was running a pub below in NCW.

Weā€™d have a lot of time for Newtown. They used come over and play in the festival tournaments in the seventies. They were junior then. They always brought a decent crowd.

The Well and Ballybrown would be bigger

you were telt to mind your own business and you minded it.

Midleton produced a great club side in the 80s with half a dozen top senior intercounty players helped pick up the slack. Since 1990 Cork have produced one strong core group of players capable of consistently competing for All Ire honors. In 30 + yrs for a county with Corkā€™s tradition thats pathetic. Dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out where the leakage is coming from.

When Imokilly win the beaten finalists can represent Cork.
Midleton had some serious Cork hurlers in the 80s, Fenton, Hennessy and Denis Mul in particular but a few more as well, they havenā€™t had one since.

As regards earlier posts, the Glen and the Barrs have had very little input into successful Cork teams of recent decades, Curran, Seanie McGrath at a push, Iā€™ve probably forgotten somebody but I donā€™t think the decline of the big 3 is a recent thing or significant towards the fortunes of Cork hurling

The big towns in cork have been very poor over the years to produce hurlers - Fermoy , Mallow , Charleville , Bandon & Youghal for example gave very little for decades. The new bigger towns like Carrigaline & Ballincollig ditto

Buckley from Midleton

*sorry buckley was from the Glen, he is living in Midleton now