Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Horrific day Mike Galligan of all fellas broke John Kennedys leg with a dirty pull, I was in the middle of doing the LC had the Irish notes with me on the train a double dose of it the next day🤦‍♂️

7 Likes

Tour and Feohanagh was proper hatred back in the 80s and early 90s too by all accounts. There’d have been a grudging respect between Tour and Killeedy, but Tour and Feohanagh fucking despised each other.

All 3 clubs Senior at different points during that time too, all at the same time at one stage, fair going. The collapse of the West Limerick poultry industry had a lot to do with the drop off in the clubs around there, emigration to Dublin and further afield hit hard in various different waves. I spoke to a man recently who hurled with Tour who said a pile of the best players in those teams were employed in Castlemahon Chicken Factory or Kantoher or in some way connected to poultry farming.

3 Likes

It’s some fall for those clubs, it’s very tough with the depleting numbers especially Tour. Tour and Mountcollins realistically will cease to exist in a decade or so I’d say.

Tour and Killeedy are amalgamated from U7s up to u21s now. And not doing anything of note at all even in B grades

There was some amount of pride swallowed there to agree to that, with the history they have.

It’s gonna be loads of amalgamations in the west in coming years if they have any hope of surviving. Likes of Monagea Tour F/K and Killeedy have such little numbers.

1 Like

The Tour:/ Killeedy name should not be allowed

Amalgamations are ok if numbers dictate so but there should be a makey up name. It should be a condition

Are there any more Saints, Republicans or Rivers that aren’t affiliated to GAA teams?

They have some set up too. Up there with the best

The upkeep & running of the place has them broke though!

They must be making a fortune off renting it for vaccines atm. The irfu used to run reffing and coaching courses out of there

Revised prediction:

McCarthy
Boylan English (C) Nash
Quinlan Connolly Coughlan
O’Grady Duff
Boylan Reidy O’Neill
DOC Simon English

Maybe Nash will play 6 and Connolly CB.

It’s probably more likely that they will play WOD or DOD in midfield with one of the younger fellas (BOG is actually younger than Duff despite the two AI medals).

14/15, I’ll take that.

Didn’t expect OOR to be back so soon.

Paddy O’Loughlin on the subs.

Why wasn’t he playing with Kilmallock all along ?

Mind your own business

1 Like

Get him back on the horse straight away.

I had assumed he’d fallen out of love with it, and didn’t expect to see him back with Limerick.

You assumed wrong Buff

You got that wrong.
Very wrong.

When there’s a vacuum of information, you get speculation.

There’s a real sense the Limerick fellas on here are feeling the heat already this year.

Lots of ducking and diving going on.

1 Like

A lot of more capable hurlers in Limerick should be given an opportunity at this time of the year… very surprised with some of the inclusions

1 Like