Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Are plastic limerick men allowed in? Asking for a friend

1 Like

Jesus lads is a man not allowed to express his opinion?

1 Like

Our membership is currently closed indefinitely. Itā€™s like the Mafia, one of us will have to die for a spot to open up

The L, The L, The LPG

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard thereā€™s rigourous scrutiny and entrance testsā€¦ Would your friend stand up to it?

Can i throw my name down for the waiting list. Sorry my friends name i meant

They are psychologically destroyed

1 Like

Heā€™d be bold enough. Iā€™d be confident enough with him

1 Like

who is he cos his friend is a fanny

2 Likes

Throw me over a PM with your details and Iā€™ll consider it in about five years.

2 Likes

If Eoghan Mac wanted to be there, heā€™d be there.

COC & Grimes are decent hurlers but are they better than Byrnes, Hannon, Kyle, Coughlan, POL, Connolly, Quinlan? Maybe, maybe not; COC did have an excellent season but so did Connolly & Quinlan has been Garryspillaneā€™s best player (and is younger than those).

KOB is a fine club player, but not a senior intercounty hurler. And as for AOC, heā€™ll definitely get his chance. Heā€™s still U-20 again this year, maybe he could have got the call-up this year but another year of 20s & club under his belt, continue to work on his game. The likes of him & Quilty will get their chance for sure.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a buddy of @flattythehurdler ā€¦ A tick against him straight away.

1 Like

It was a long time ago. I knew no better then.

Thanks for the reply @Aristotle

Surprised Houlihan hasnā€™t got a call also. Is duff up to that standard? It will be interesting to see. Some lads on that panel have more to proveā€¦ When you can drop a player of the calibre of David Dempsey you know youā€™re in a great placeā€¦ Kiely is blessed with the talent at his disposal.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand what youā€™re playing at. Or maybe I do. The players that youā€™re cribbing about not being included are not better than those that are named for this match. The only possible wonder would be AOC and heā€™s still u20.

Houla is injured

Houlihan is there afaik. Obviously injured now.

As for Duff, maybe he is, maybe he isnā€™t. But look, heā€™s made massive strides in his own game since he was a minor and will surely only improve now that heā€™s inside. Midfield is a hard one in this regime, they ask for a very specific type of player to do the job they need and there arenā€™t that many of them around. Heā€™s been given his chance, up to him to take it.

Yeah, harsh on Dempsey; on club performances, he deserved to be there. But heā€™s not been able to break into the panel for a few years now and seems to pick up injuries at unfortunate times.

1 Like

Iā€™m not playing at anything. Just giving my honest opinion, which is that certain players have been by passed.

Houlihan is a great stick man but Iā€™m not sure if he has the athletic capabilities to last at IC levelā€¦ itā€™s a completely different kettle of fish.

Duff hasnā€™t been overly exposed to that level of hurling so he may sink or swim. Wouldnā€™t see much between himself or most senior club midfielders in the county.

Iā€™m excited to see English at this level. He looks like the real deal and a player that could jump straight in.

:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Given his club performances but Iā€™m still not sure heā€™s up to IC standard. He could prove that wrong who knowsā€¦