Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Hurley ??? 5

1 Like

& Ethan Hurley.

& Coughlan is scribbled out, presumably carrying a knock. POD is also injured atm, surely would be starting too.

I thought Hurley was on the LIT Fitz team. Was that a different one of them?

Eoin

1 Like

That would be some side. For a freshers team

Yeah, and that Patrick Crotty fella looked lively when he came on for Clare in the Munster League final.

And Max Hackett is tidy.

Are you at it?

Nope, think it’s over?

UL won 2-20 to 4-11

1 Like

That Wolves Fresher team must be better than their Fitzgibbon Cup team.

2 Likes

Twudnt be far off at all

Well the UL Fitz team just gave the Bonnar Maher led TUD a hammering. 5-25 to 1-14

The standard in the Fitzgibbon is shocking this year.

Yep. I wonder if the young lads coming through have gotten too much regimental type hurling by that stage. In development squads from U14. Coaches flogging them trying to make a name for themselves rather than developing kids. It must be head wrecking. You’d want to have fuck all interest in nothing only hurling.

1 Like

UL played LIT a few weeks ago and there was barely one Inter County championship appearance between the 30 players on show.

Go back 5 or 10 years and UL would have lads on the bench who’d be starting for the counties regularly.

It’s awful stuff.

GMIT 5 up on CIT at ht. Barely a player of note togging on either side.

UL had a team around 10 years ago during the recession which must have had close to 150 championship appearances. Lads like Shane Dooley, Paul Kelly, Andrew Quinn, Pa Cronin, Bugler, Paddy Stapleton etc who were all mid to late 20s.

A fairly unheralded LIT team nearly ambushed them in the final

I was at it down in Waterford.

Even 5 or 6 years ago it was the same with UL and other colleges

Shur Shane O’Donnell was deemed not good enough for a UCC forward line a few months after scoring 3-03 in an All Ireland senior final.

We need SEGREGATED threads.

The Mary I team that won it in 2018 had Richie English, Alan Flynn, Ronan Maher, Colm Galvin, Cian Lynch, Aaron Gillane, Darragh O’Donovan and Luke Meade. Even if we take out Flynn and Meade that’s 4 lads that went onto start in an AI Final win that year, and two other lads with All Stars and All Ireland medals

NUIG are probably favourites at the moment with Cian Lynch, a lad from Nenagh and 13 Galway lads, none of whom are definite starters for Galway.

2 Likes