Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

He was very impressive against Clare, I thought. And excellent against Kerry. Less so against Wexford.

He’s very talented but our half-back line is Byrnes/Hannon/Kyle. You’d want to be phenomenal to break into that line barring an injury.

It’s like you’re not even reading what I’ve written. I said it won’t happen.

I thought he got skinned for pace a couple of times against Clare

I’d have no fear of Coughlan at all if we had an injury and had to start him, but if Byrnes Hannon and Hayes play another two seasons as a half back line together they’ll be up there in the conversation with the greatest half back lines there’s been.

Bit slow on the turn alright, but I don’t think that’s a dealbreaker either. But it’s one of the reasons that Kyle is definitely ahead of him.

I happened to catch a little bit of the Joe Quaid documentary last night.
It was the bit dealing with Tommy Quaids death and then Joe’s reactions at the end of the 18 final and his feelings about Hannon’s speech, it would al bring floods of tears to a glass eye, beautiful television.
I’ve mentioned before that I know Nicole quite well and a finer gentleman you couldn’t meet, Tommy was an acquaintance of my Father in Law and he speaks equally highly,
I’ll have to watch the video brier show back when I have time

1 Like

Twas like a day at the zoo for them.

Do Galway have anything special planned for the guard of honour on Saturday? Maybe they could bring a few papier mache heads for the occasion.

I thought Coughlan was very good against Clare, he dominated his patch and hit a couple of lovely long range points. But I thought it was noteworthy that he was absolutely burned a couple of times in the second half and didn’t look to have any real recovery pace. On a heavy pitch in January it stood out when you would think it shouldn’t.

He looks to be a similar enough kind of a hurler to Paddy O’Loughlin from the few bits i have seen of him, albeit O’Loughlin is a citeog I think

Shrewd observer @Fat_Pox questioned Coughlan’s pace a few months back but was absolutely hounded by the Limerick mafia on here.

Pace isn’t everything and on a dominant side like Limerick who’s half backs don’t get drawn out of position it shouldn’t affect him too much you would think but you would think that it would be the half back line or nowhere for him.

Much like Dan, he is very quick in a straight line but a bit slow on the turn alright.

They’ll dive down in front of us

1 Like

The knowledge posters on here were telling us how Cork were going to destroy us for pace and that Hannon was a liability.

Knowledgeable??
The only people who gave Cork a chance in August were so E Limerick posters afraid of ending up with egg on their face, nobody in reality

1 Like

The Cork fans were confident enough, be very unlike Cork with dander up not to fancy themselves.

You’re wrong, knowledgable Vork hurling people knew the limitations of that team and the class of their opponents.
Obviously if you’re up in Dublin for the weekend you’ll convince yourself that they have a fighters chance but that’s about it

1 Like

Aye, the Limerick depth chart ain’t too deep as are often led to believe. They have an outstanding starting 15/16. However outside of that there is a considerable drop off. A few Johnny come lately Limerick supporters here would be raving about Pat Simon and the likes. He’s a great lad to cycle downhill with the wind at his back. I dont recall him doing it on an important day. There are a few more knocking around the panel like him. Maybe someone will emerge in the round robin this year.

Nash and Dan M have been excellent in filling gaps in recent seasons. I’ve high hopes for English and O Neill but stand by my assessment of Coughlan. Their S + C has probably helped in not getting injuries and I’d be very surprised if they don’t win it out this year again.

2 Likes

Pat Ryan is living off a reputation based on scoring the flukiest goal ever scored in Croke Park in 2018 and a good display in the Super 11s over in Boston one year.

At the end of the day Reidy is first or second sub usually on and he’s not a world beater.

It’s an ordinary enough panel truth be told since The Dow exited the stage.

It is not deep at all and we have Tipperary on a rope a dope for the last few years and I would imagine the foreseeable future as they are shit.