Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

To be fair Wexford were missing Rory Oā€™ Connor, Chin, Kevin Foley and Shaun Murphy too.

Is Shaun Murphy all that much of a loss? Appreciate he was one of davyā€™s favourites and a regular under him but he is far from a standout hurler

2 Likes

Vincent Hogan is extremely condescending to Wexford in that article. I like him but are Galway/Cork/Tipp actually that much better than Wexford? Youā€™d swear Limerick had been beaten by Antrim or Laois the way heā€™s talking there.

I threw him in there to add to the list of absenteesšŸ˜‚ Could add Aidan Nolan too. Youā€™re right though, Murphy is a good hurler but I wasnā€™t sure if heā€™d been dropped or was injured. Around 31 now Iā€™d say too so the likes of Flood will be gunning for his place. It took Murphy until 2017 to actually become a regular for Wexford.

Eamon Sweeney wrote that article kid

1 Like

John Francis Kiely?

4 Likes

Makes more sense alright. Heā€™d be prone to a slight bit of over exaggeration.

1 Like

I doubt he was even at the match.

Steroids and Coke/Change

@Batigol reckoned we should just continue playing the Munster Co-op Superstores Championship winning team and has been proven right. We parachuted a load of AI medal winners into the first 15 at the weekend and look what happened.

Galway will win their annual All Ireland in the Gaelic Grounds on Saturday evening and @flattythehurdler will absolutely love every second of it

1 Like

Henry will want this badly.

Just back from February County Board convention in the lush surrounds of Woodlands House Hotel. Here is a summation of it:

The CB is really pushing the Club Limerick Draw for the coming year, especially the 5% discount available to clubs for direct debit payments. ā‚¬10,000 to be won every month and 29 runners up prizes ranging from ā‚¬3,000 to ā‚¬100. For every additional 50 members above a clubā€™s target, a club will have an extra ticket in the monthly ā‚¬1000 draws for April and December. The draw currently has circa 9,000 members, they hope to take this past the 10k mark for the coming year. I received 100 generic brochures for selling the draw to my own clubā€™s members, as did other other clubs.

Intermediate County League games are to commence on April 5th, with the same format as last year applying. Senior, Prem & Intermediate championships will all start end of July, with the finals scheduled for last week in October. U21s club hurling championship to start mid October. The U19s championship will be spread over June and July, it may even start in late May, consideration will be given for exams. Friday nights are to be kept free for U19 games.
While seeking to maintain the 15 a side format at Bord na Nog level, the CB has said 13 a side will be facilitated where by a club does not have the numbers to field 15 players. Opposition teams are bound to agree to same.

Due to Limerick selling all 3,500 of itā€™s season tickets, there will be a reduction in All Ireland tickets available to clubs, should Limerick reach the All Ireland Final. This reduction is to come exclusively from club allocations. There was particular consternation over this from delegates. I think some Season Ticket holders are seen as fine weather supporters who have never been a member of their local club, and people who donā€™t put the work in at local level.

Limerick Football Board is to develop an ā€˜Emerging Talentā€™ squad to bridge the gap between U20s and Senior football.

The County Board received 744 transfer requests in total, consisting of moves between Limerick clubs and inter county transfers. Quite noticeable was the amount of players looking to transfer to Kildimo/Pallaskenry from surrounding clubs - namely Askeaton, Ballysteen and Cappagh/Kilcornan. There were also a significant number of transfer requests from Bruff players looking to move to Camoge Rovers.

Limerick U20 hurlers beat Tipperary in a challenge match last week.

The CB are lobbying Munster Council to establish a Premier Intermediate Munster Club Championship. Our current Intermediate champions do not take part, as itā€™s left to our Prem Inter Champions. The present set up is seen as unfair on Intermediate teams and as a disadvantage to our Junior representatives.

Limerick GAA will be the Grand Marshalls of this yearā€™s Limerick St Patrickā€™s Day parade.

Old Christians have requested a loan of ā‚¬13,000 from the County Board.

17 Likes

Ah shtap

Some achievement considering how poor they were for vast majority of the last 50 years

Cc @balbec couple of early morning posts there for you before I head out to work

You canā€™t be late for the bank vault

Premier intermediate munster club? I am confused. Is their not one already?

There were rumours that the county board were looking to play some Championship games in March despite the split season in place; was there any mention of that even?

1 Like

I think Cork and Limerick are the only ones in Munster with a ā€œPremierā€ intermediate grade. I donā€™t see how theyā€™ll make a championship out of it :thinking: