Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Just change the fucking names to Intermediate and Junior A. FFS. Clubs thinking they are above playing junior even though they are three tiers down (4 down if you count senior B) is basically the issue. Senior. Intermediate, Junior A, B, C etc. Simple

14 Likes

By God!

The @Aristotle lebensraum projekt

1 Like

Iā€™m no fan of poaching.

Were there three players?

Two of which played underage for us in the past; I donā€™t really have an issue with fellas returning tbh. The other is a fella who never actually played for Ballysteen, heā€™s a soccer head and will probably never actually play for us either.

4 players and thatā€™s only what made it as far as actually requesting a transfer.
Granted thereā€™s a couple Iā€™d have no issue with.

744 transfer request ???

Why are they running from Ballysteen?

Whoā€™s the 4th?

I heard about Kevin Walsh, Calvin Nash & Ken Oā€™Donoghue.

The nephew of a former Limerick football full back.

A couple of more young lads thankfully rebuffed approaches.

At this rate theyā€™ll win a county before Doon.

Some ex player involved in the coaching side 4-5 nights a week. A right cunt apparently.

3 Likes

There is an Intermediate Championship, in which Prem Intermediate teams from Limerick, Cork & Tipp take part, along with Intermediate sides from Waterford and Clare, not forgetting Kerryā€™s Senior champions.

Limerickā€™s Intermediate winners have no competition to partake in. Effin didnā€™t pick a ball outside of Limerick this year, Mungret represented Limerick in the Munster Intermediate comp.

It wasnā€™t mentioned. The master fixtures for the year will be announced in the next fortnight so weā€™ll know soon enough.

Correct.

I think the current setup works well. Especially since junior was moved to an all county basis. The standard has improved. Yes itā€™s possible to have too many tiers but you need to give teams hope that they can win something. Take my own club C/K for example - if there was just one single Intermediate Hurling competition with all the Prem teams thrown in with the regular Inter teams, I doubt we would have made the final last year.
As it was, the parish was buzzing. Won Junior A and qualified for Intermediate final within the space of 4 months. Consequently, there were now more young fellas and girls showing up to hurling/camogie sessions than ever before. It gives the younger teams hope that they too can win something if they stick at it.

2 Likes

I would be a firm believer that you just make it 8 or 12 in each division all the way down. Thereā€™s way too many in JA at the minute. The proposal to cut it in half was the right idea (seems to have disappeared altogether?). As you say at least starting out in the season youā€™ll know you have a chance. Iā€™d also be a firm believer that it should be two up and two down. Poor teams fall fast and good ones rise quickly then.

Itā€™s basically what they do in Dublin and I think it works really well. You might be playing junior F hurling, but at least you are on the same level as everyone else come Sunday

3 Likes

I agree that there are far too many Junior A clubs. Three or four of them are more than good enough to be intermediate but many are not much better than Junior B.

The County Junior will have to be split into Premier Junior (cc @Julio_Geordio) and Junior A next year due to Croke Parkā€™s rule on not being allowed to have anything more than 16 teams per tier, so I think this is the last year of it??

Iā€™d assume that figure of 766 or whatever was including club permissions, ie. a lad from Effin who do not field football teams seeking permission to play football with Ballylanders or Bruree or whatever

Cork and Limerick only counties with Intermediate A. Hardly set up.a Munster for 2 counties.