Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Congratulations @ciarancareyshurlingarmy
Delighted.

2 Likes

Football was on its knees when he came in. I remember him talking about 50 or so lads rejecting the offers to join the squad, he had the bare bones and trudged on. Itā€™s a very competent squad now who play a good brand of football

4 Likes

If they got Danny Neville back from Dubai theyā€™d have a lovely cutting edge

2 Likes

Still probably carrying 4 or 5 lads who are just passengers in his system rather than good inter county footballers. If we could get a few better footballers into those positions we could really push on.

1 Like

Great to see there are some real die heart football people in limerick and it shouldnā€™t be seen as the forgotten child. Great to see them build back up

3 Likes

Would like to see the look on Spikeā€™s face when C/K puts forward that motion :grin:

Best wishes to John Kiely and his brave Limerick troops looking for stem the red invasion from the south. JE SUIS LIMERICK

2 Likes

He won an intermediate Abu dabbi title yesterday so the form is good.

Not to knock the man, heā€™s doing fantastic but I think that 50 people turning him down was a myth. I know a few who would definitely be on your list if you were going outside the 25, especially if you got as far as 50 and none of them got a call. Iā€™m sure he got a fair few refusals but 50 is not true.

That said that man is working miracles with them. What I really like about them is they are evolving. They were fucking putrid to watch at the start of his reign, but he got the defence sorted and is now working up. That said they may as well have no full forward line the way they play. But it is attacking in its own way

1 Like

Danny Neville & Brian Fanning really are massive losses this season but weā€™ve got on with the job.

Good to see Josh Ryan making an impact. His freetaking abilities from distance are a huge asset; one that weā€™ve possibly lacked historically and is a way bigger threat for marks and the likes than Begley ever was, purely for mobility reasons.

1 Like

Are Neville and Fanning returning next year?

How many times did your man eoghan Keating have a 45 caught going over the bar against Kerry in the mid 00s?

1 Like

Twice, Oā€™Donnell would have taken them only heā€™d hurt his calf.

Iā€™ve really got into following the footballers and itā€™s very enjoyable. Daragh Tracey should be in the fold soon shouldnā€™t he?

1 Like

Neither were 45s, one was probably closer to the 65

He should be. Heā€™s a bear of a man.

Nonetheless he was the victim in that Okunbar photo, of which anyone could have fallen the victim Iā€™d imagine

Treacy was starting against Louth? Didnā€™t see Wicklow but thought he was playing.

Serious player still.

1 Like

Sorry ya you are right. heā€™s still only 27/28 Iā€™d say.

Is there anybody else about besides Neville and fanning? Donā€™t think Neville has much plans to come back soon.

Heā€™s doing two years out there I think

Thereā€™s some group of them out there now from the rathkeale/askeaton / kilcornan area.