Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Imagine the success if the other half of our population gave a fuck about it.

You’re a bigger eejit for responding to that fool

That was very very poor from the footballers. A really terrible game.

Has that team that pats/Christians/ballinacurragh are joining for at underage gone ahead?

A number of years back quite a lot of good hurlers from Pats were going to Munchins, but were actively discouraged from playing hurling. The kids that then wanted to hurl decided to go elsewhere and started to go to cadtletroy, and Clements. Also I can guarantee that any corbally lads going to Munchins are playing with Parteen.

2 Likes

A disastrous second half. Never got going. Westmeath play absolute puke football, but we couldn’t break them down. At one stage a Westmeath fella had the ball on his own 65 not a limerick player within 30 yards of him and he turned around and kicked it another 20 yards backwards :face_vomiting:
For about 10 mins at the end of the first half Limerick pushed up on them and Westmeath couldnt handle it at all, but then the second half went back to Westmeath passing the ball around on their own 45 and us sitting back waiting for them to come forward. Very hard to watch.
Major difference was Westmeath forward soccered a goal from a nice bit out, rounded the keeper and finished well. That gave them a lead to defend. Limerick missed a goal chance off the post, was a tough chance but had it gone in it would have been a different game.
One point in the second half tells it own story. Too slow to break and couldn’t break down Westmeath once they were set.

What’s the story with lads heading to hurl in the states for the summer? Will there be a mass exodus of inter county players in June/July to hurl for a few weeks in the states ? Wasn’t trump trying to cancel J1s?

Mungret are a sleeping giant of sorts. They have a massive pick and gaining senior status should drive them on.

They’ve been that way for 5+ years now. We came up against that and Poacher ball in Carlow under Sugrue and it was fucking gruesome. You have to mirror it and beat them at their own game. It’ll be grand against D3 teams I suppose if you’ll be picked off against a proper side. Dinosaur stuff.

A D1 team would bate them 15 points. They are awful. Wouldn’t mind but they had a few nice forwards if they actually gave them a chance. Got some nice scores off very limited ball.
Thank fuck the game at the highest level has moved away from it, but I’m afraid Mickey Moran will have every club in the country playing like that for the next few years

1 Like

Really disappointing.

Started slowly but finished the half well and went in 3 points up and with a man advantage at the start of the second half.

Never got going at all on the resumption though. Found it very difficult to penetrate the mass banked defence of the visitors. One point in 38 mins tells its own story.

Westmeath weren’t anything hectic either but kicked a few cracking points in the second half. Their goal was a bad defensive mix up, finished well in fairness but should have been cleared under the Mackey out by the sideline.

Still should be ok to stay up though, barring unexpected results it’ll be Longford and Wicklow down. Staying up was probably the aim at the start of the campaign but the way things panned out the Louth match and last night were eminently winnable.

Crazy division though, form lines are all over the place.

Generally I think there is little enough between lower Div 2, Div 3 and upper Div 4. You’d obviously prefer to be promoted but whether seven straight defeats next year in Div 2 - some of them no doubt demoralising - is worthwhile is debatable.

2 Likes

Dublin will set a few Div 2 teams back a decade next year.

2 Likes

That’s the problem with the split season. Whichever county teams are knocked out in May you would imagine most of the panel be heading for America. Hard to blame them. Clubs will be decimated.

Besides Dublin others need funding to compete

I don’t think Limerick have much business in Div 2 tbh. We’d be massively out of our depth there

Lee is doing a great job with what he has. Consolidation in Div 3 looks secure.

1 Like

I don’t know what Parteen’s numbers are like underage (I’d imagine decent enough) but there’s a huge population in Corbally, Shannon Banks etc who are not being catered to at all hurling-wise.

I know Abbey Sarsfields exists but that’s a perfect example of how it’s really difficult to just set up a GAA club even if there is a population to centre to support it.

You need a lot of strong volunteers off the pitch to drive it.

6 Likes

Anybody fielding this?

Any semi decent club player will surely be off to the states for the summer as I presume there’ll be no chaMpionship till late July?

It also gives soccer and rugby huge time to grow.

All this because of a few inter county managers not being reigned in.

1 Like

GAA isn’t the be all and end all, it’s important for lads to enjoy themselves too

1 Like

Believe me I’d actively encourage anybody to go.

My point is for all the rejigging they could create another problem and we still up with most championship games in September.

2 Likes

yep whole thing turned upside down over the fact that county managers were ruling the roost

1 Like