Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Limerick hurlers are leading the St Patricks day parade tomorrow with the Liam McCarthy cup.

Great to see :clap:

5 Likes

All because of fraud when it was refurbished. The whole stand was supposed to be demolished but the developer was allowed to keep it the same.

You canā€™t do anything with the Mackey as it is only bulldoze it, and nobody will miss the fuckin thing. Thereā€™s a huge amount of room wasted in that stand, for itā€™s height thereā€™s no elevation at all in it.

The North Stand is fine as is but theyā€™ll need to replace the seats which are basically destroyed (colour is literally washing off on them and theyā€™re covered in a permanent greenish/grey dust) so I think the seats are actually disintegrating out under the weather. Other than that itā€™s a grand stand with an absolutely brilliant view to watch a game from. Thereā€™s talk of a retractable roof being put on it but I donā€™t know about that.

If Limerick are doing anything with it I could see them going for an all-seater, knocking the Mackey and the 2 terraces and replacing them with seats all round, no terrace at all

1 Like

An MNP style fence would be better than the Mackey Stand these days ffs. An igloo is all it is on the best of days

2 Likes

The Mackey Stand is an abomination. It resembles something from a Siberian Gulag and is about as warm. If we canā€™t have a new stadium, then the Mackey needs demolishing and to be rebuilt. Preferably with some proper elevation this time where one might have a chance of actually seeing the game.

2 Likes

I always just forget how shocking the stand is and realise whenever I go to another county ground. Youā€™re still pretty much at pitch level at the back of the stand. The view and photos of it from a side view angle would send shivers

1 Like

1 Like

Well wear mate

29 Likes

Ard Scoil on TG4

1 Like
1 Like

Good to see Sean Finn back.

4 Likes

Yes that was a disgraceful tackle by Kingston, but because it was on a Limerick player it swept away. Could have done serious damage

Bad tackle alright, but Finn drew first shortly before and nothing said about that either.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say Finn will get some ovation when he comes out. Great to see him back. Hopefully heā€™s still the same player :pray:

1 Like

Theyā€™re taking no chances with Offaly

The wounds of ā€˜94 run deep

Who is Ciaran Barry? Canā€™t recall him from underage teams. He is a young buck or late bloomer

He was starting full-back for the Limerick 20s in 2019. Had a tough outing that day but, in general, had been in very good form that season and is a tough defender.

Played Fitzgibbon for UCC this year. Would stand out as one of Ahaneā€™s best backs.

Big step up all the same, especially since heā€™s new to the setup, injuries have hit hard.

3 Likes

Sorry 2019, Covid has fucked up my perception of when seasons were.

I just picked up a late like for that photo so I clicked on it

Jesus, 23 likes for you :grinning:
Iā€™ll send you over 30 now, mental, Iā€™m bamboozled :man_shrugging:

Anyway yer man got out when I took the photo, he was mad for chat, first thing he says is ā€˜thank God they didnā€™t win Sam Maguire, it would weight me downā€™ so I gave him a chuckle, nice fella.
Anyway I come back around the block a while later with the other dog and heā€™s in conversation with some Order of Malta crowd,
Whatā€™s he saying as I passed, you guessed it :grinning:

1 Like