Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

I wouldn’t be starting Kyle next week as it isn’t worth the risk imo.

I thought Graeme and Tom Morrisey weren’t at their best yesterday but Morrisey in particular has a lot of credit in the bank.

O Neil is the obvious man to come in but his position is almost certainly out the field.

Presume neither Flanagan or Casey will be back for the round robin either.

The only currency is all Ireland championships. I couldn’t care less about anything else.

Long way to go but we could eclipse their four in a row team.

Big Rob was in Walsh Park i think

Peter Casey could well come back and win an all star but offhand I think the chances of him contributing in a meaningful way this year are remote enough as it simply doesn’t happen.

I can’t remember another player who was pitched straight into championship action straight off a cruciate injury who was able to stand out. Even Brendan Maher in 2020 had a full spring/league behind him.

Mike Casey did just that yesterday no?

He did his cruciate 18 months ago though and played in the league just gone

He played one league game this year. He had ligament issues after the ACL.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have a clue but Peter Casey isn’t a player who relies on physical attributes so he might be able to do it.

Is that the first time under Kiely Limerick have named a dummy team for a championship game ? Seemed a little bit of an odd move.

Of course he does. His jinks and footwork and bursts off either foot to make space for himself are magic. That’s physical attributes. I’d also worry about that kind of movement on a new cruciate.

2 Likes

Ironically if he had accepted his suspension he wouldn’t have suffered that injury.

The Waterford players who got him off stitched him up.

1 Like

Come on mate.

The Munster GAA website has the u20 game tonight down as Ballyagran. Eh?

For the Waterford players feigning injury when beat up a stick. Classic Waterford, if not play acting they lower the blade more than other counties when beat.

Spike doesn’t want footballers ruining the pitch before Saturday…

1 Like

All fine and dandy but my point stands.

He’d only have two All Ireland medals though

But he’d get one this year.

That’s fair enough, but Ballyagran! You’d rarely get a club game there not a mind an inter county game