Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Itā€™s a bit of an odd one alright but I think MNP is closed at the moment so has to be a club ground.

@balbec probably refused to allow any footballs into Kilmallock.

1 Like

I asked Paddy Kelly could we make an exception but he said No No No.

4 Likes

In fairness, Ballyagran has a covered stand, electronic scoreboard, enclosed pitch and decent dressing rooms and refereeā€™s room, so it ticks at lot of the Munster Council boxes as regards requirements.

It was closed for a couple of years as the pitch was being completely redone, presumably to take out the slope and the astroturf goalmouths.

I wouldā€™ve thought NCW would be the obvious choice at that stage but I suppose thereā€™s not a much of a muchness really

Dressing rooms in NCW are out of action at the minute.

All the usual venues were unavailable for a variety of reasons. There arent that many other venues that tick all the boxes.

1 Like

Honestly, I think a smaller venue is better anyway.

Thereā€™s a thing among the GAA community (or maybe Irish people in general) that itā€™s an honour to play in big stadiums, the whole ā€œgetting to Croke Parkā€ thing and the same exists at club & underage county level.

Maybe I lack romanticism but I would much rather play in a smaller venue with a good atmosphere than play in an empty big stadium. Crowds can definitely play a small part; even this weekend, we saw a Galway overturned which was 100% influenced by a home crowd in Wexford. Much harder to do that in an empty ground.

8 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more. I despair when I see first round games in county championships in Semple Stadium or the Gaelic Grounds

Itā€™s odd alright and also has a spectator itā€™s much more fun being in a stadium with an atmosphere than an empty one.

1 Like

, :pie::pie::pie::pie:

7 Likes

foreign sports today :blush::blush::blush:

3 Likes

Bruff is the best ground in Limerick for club matches

1 Like

I like Kilmallock because supporters can be on both sides.

Bruff, NCW, Croagh are all good too.

My favourite is the Bog Garden.

Iā€™ve never been further west than Rourkes Cross in my life so couldnā€™t comment on those grounds.

5 Likes

U20s doing ok.
Need to start winning their own kickouts, but encouraging they finished the half strongly when it looked like they were in danger of being blown away after 15mins.

Scratch that :weary:

Just back from Paddy Carroll Park, Ballyagran.

Theyā€™ve done a serious job on the relaid pitch. It was luscious. Huge amount of money pumped into it and it really looks immaculate. Well done Castletown/Ballyagran GAA.

The scoreboard was savage too, with it including the time and crest of both teams. New set of goalposts too, they need to install the nets behind the goals next. All in all a fine job.

Limerick had a strong breeze in the opening half and were game enough. Trailed 0-06 to 0-04 at the break but were respectable.

A horror start to the second half killed it off within a few mins, though. A point on the resumption and then, from a kick out, a Limerick player received the ball inside the semi circle. Ball thrown in, one of the many Cork giants caught it, laid it off and goal.

1-08 to 0-04.

The home side had a goal chance but it went abegging before Cork broke down the other end and won a penalty which was dispatched. 2-08 to 0-04. Game over Ger.

Comfortable from then on, finished 2-15 to 0-05 with Limerick only scoring a single point in the second half. Cork had a couple of huge lads, especially number 9 and 11. They were bigger all over the field to be honest.

On we go to Kilmallock for the minor hurling tomorrow night v Kerry.

5 Likes

Limerick Minor Hurling team to play Kerry in the 2022 Electric Ireland Munster GAA Minor Hurling Championship Round 3 Kilmallock on Tuesday 19th. at 6.30pm

1. Fionn Oā€™Brien Bruree
  2. Billy Earls Patrickswell
  3. Shane Fitzgibbon Dromin Athlacca Banogue
  4. Patrick Mooney Staker Wallace
  5. Diarmuid Lyons Newcastlewest
  6. Conor Frawley Bruree
  7. Owen Meany Bruff
  8. Fintan Fitzgerald Mungret St Pauls
  9. Darragh Langan Monaleen (Capt)
  10. Pierce Connery Kilmalllock (V/Capt).
  11. Bradley Moran Na Piarsaigh
  12. Josh Sheehan Na Piarsaigh
  13. Mark Field Monaleen
  14. Ciaran McMahon Kildimo/Pallaskenry
  15. Darren Collopy Murroe Boher
  16. Niall Rushe Kildimo/Pallaskenry
  17. Jack Daly Croom
  18. Sam Jordan Na Piarsaigh
  19. Ben Murnane Monaleen
  20. Barry Adams Ballybrown
  21. Cian Moloney Mungret St Pauls
  22. Michael Oā€™Riordan Bruff