Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

Indeed he’s not!

1 Like

When you’re winning most things are easy it’s when you start losing the issues arise.

Any grievances with a manager or coach and it’s very appealing to knock one on its head.

In Limerick the senior hurling team going so well is a blessing. I wouldn’t like to be in a county where hurling is struggling and trying to keep lads playing.

Cratloe were a fine dual team but I heard some locals reckoned they lost a hurling county due to football but I’m not sure. Think it was more injury’s than anything.

The rule is around the number of hours from when are notified of the fixture, I believe

1 Like

How much would a club like them be paying him?

What do you mean a club like them? Plenty of smaller clubs paying more.

1 Like

What a fucking spoofer :grinning:

The hashtags…

2 Likes

The only reason that match is on tonight is because Glenroe requested it be moved from Round 1, which was reasonable in fairness given Round 1 was before the Senior started.

1 Like

:rofl:

This is why it’s imperative to click into the individual county GAA threads, even if your interest in parochial championships has reduced to near zero. You’ll potentially strike gold.

Am I understanding correctly? Outside manager Kev is locking horns with @TreatyStones & @Rintintin in a senior football relegation final? Unreal, unbelievable.

If the two lads want to outwit Kev, they’ll need to acknowledge that gaelic football is an invasion sport & you can either go around, through or over the opposition to get into the scoring zone.

Will this be on that weird Clubber service? If they’re showing Meath Junior A hurling to cater for an online audience of minus twelve people then surely this box office affair needs to be up in lights on Clubber Main Event.

Good luck Ballysteen.

17 Likes

I think Limerick eschew all media rights offers.

We may all tip down.

It should be a cracker. Bally v Bally in Bally to decide which Bally gets to play senior bally next year.

3 Likes

I thought it was actually good this year, we were very lined up.

Same S&C for both so that was always combined, combined gym session.

Then we’d have two field sessions a week and would do both. It means it’s a long session but it’s tailored from an S&C point-of-view and, most importantly, players aren’t out 4 nights a week for club GAA. Coming up to week of Championship, it’s weighted in favour of the sport being played.

The players pushed for this, as perhaps communication & organisation between managements wasn’t always the best in previous years.

I think it worked well tbh; I know we didn’t have a great year in either but I think that was down to players being missing rather than faults with how we managed the schedule.

2 Likes

They done the finest in both codes this year considering injuries etc.Id be content enough with it, unlucky not to make the hurling quarter final tbf.A few young lads got good senior experience this year that will stand to them.

2 Likes

There was a time not too long ago when one or two lads were injured or missing and it meant a fight to avoid relegation in the lower intermediate.

Losing Barry o Connell along with the three
Footballers and Darren o Connell for many of the hurling games meant it was an excellent year. Not sure where Kevin o Connell is but if you’d him back and Lorcan o Leary back with a bit of luck you’d have a seriously strong senior team.

I think looking at the big four there might be a chance for somebody to make a breakthrough in the next 2/3 years.

You need luck though.

They should get some local loud mouth to stand behind Kev and keep shouting at him about peg leg and the dog that can cure cancer

12 Likes

I fucking LOL’d.

I presume @Rintintin has the dozen youngster all over this.

yeah. ask him if he’s interested in buying some tools.

2 Likes

Something similar happened to Davy Fitz in the winter of 2008. He was involved with Broadford in the Munster intermediate club championship v some crowd from Cork who got a couple of load mouths to hang around behind the dug out.

Davy spent most of the game chawing back at the two boys laughing at him as Broadford managed to score 3 points all game

1 Like

Be hard to hear anyone in the stands with all the yapping the ballylanders lads do on the field and the line

2 Likes