Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

Is Kev’s club the same one as the ref Johnny Murphy?

2 Likes

I did a grand trip through South Limerick today on an errand.

Stopped for grub in Mollys cafe in Killfinane, and while it was more quantity than quality, twasn’t too bad at all and for 12 euro you couldn’t go wrong.

They are going to have to give Balbec a major overhaul. Government will have to CPO a bit of it and throw a few quid into converting retail into housing or something.

How many pubs were in Killmallock in the good ole days?

1 Like

Glenroe 1-7 NaP 1-4 at ht. Awful conditions. Fair bit of off the ball stuff for the last five minutes and a brief brawl as the teams went to the dressing rooms, unlikely to finish 15 v 15.

Begs the questions what would they do if they are intermediate? As in, they always bring teams “down to the their level” per sé, but when they are down in intermediate and a higher or as high standard, what do they do then? Learn how to play football?

A God awful night for hurling; I am fucking miserable after being out in it.

Looks like Glenroe will win this one? A performance when it matters most.

Just finished, 1-16 to 1-10 and 15 v 13 to Glenroe. Wasn’t pretty.

1 Like

Who got sent off?

Kevin Daly and Dean McLaughlin

2 Likes

14 pubs. Down to three now.

It’s only football at the end of the day

3 Likes

Sorry, I meant Kevin Ryan. The game was done really before the two sendings off came.

Stephen Walsh was probably the standout hurler and David McCarthy got a few nice points but it was a battle really. Two points from play from Glenroe in the second half I think and none for NaP.

I think G/B were hoping for an unlikely win for NaP over Garryspillane to be in with a chance of making the semi finals, that won’t be happening now.

1 Like

One fella owns half the place im told.

@balbec is buying it up with Polish Hedge Fund Money.

1 Like

That’s shocking.
Meself and Ger RIP, must have been in six one night after starting in Davy’s in Bruff. Good times, as they’d say on TFK.

The Mart Bar (Dwyers)
The 41 (now Houlihans)
The Golden Spur (Mikey Fitz just sold it)
O’Rourkes
Howards (still open)
Quishes (now Daffy’s) only opens when they have a funeral
Sheehans
Paddy McAuliffes
Cis O’Brien’s
The Old Oak
Gerry Kelly’s
Flanagans
Casey’s
Brian Slavin’s

My grandfather had one in Sheares Street but they shut down in the fifties.

1 Like

Is one of those Ivan’s / Charlie’s?

Beyond redemption I’d say.

Too busy becoming rathkeale south.

Actually I forgot that one! Was Betty Keanes before Charlie did it up. That was a fine bar.

1 Like

It is becoming some kip to be fair. Sad to see.

Gone very shabby. Some old houses are being done up but the overall look is not great.