Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

NCW, in fairness to them, have a huge crossover; they’re at least trying to do the dual thing properly. Football has priority I believe, but they’re unbeaten in the hurling.

But yeah, obviously Kilmallock & the Well don’t play football full-stop. Na Piarsaigh used to have a bit of dual (Ronan Lynch was a county footballer for a while) but none anymore.

There were a couple of the Doon lads kicking football for Oola this year- Chris Thomas, Eddie Stokes & Mikey O’Brien anyway, I think. Maybe Kevin Maher too.

3 Likes

Newcastle aren’t senior in both yet either.

I see the only real dual counties are Galway and cork look how many all Irelands they’ve lost between hurling and football by the odd score.

If they were not dual counties they probably win a couple maybe.

Similarly in Dublin the footballers had everyone probably six or seven county hurlers and look how many all Irelands they won by the odd score. If they didn’t have even two or three of them they might lose a few finals.

Stuff like league semi finals have no place in the calendar. The dual clubs need more space otherwise one code will lose out.

That’s fair but still it’s different when you get to senior hurling. Newcastle are making great gains with hurling but as you go up the ladder it’ll get tougher.

You just can’t be playing hurling enough training or matches.

Your some buck,on one thread you’re saying lads are playing too much and on another your calling for them to train 3 or 4 nights a week :grinning:.I’ve said it before but you’re the best wum we have on here.

1 Like

Is he really?

That’s rubbish.

Between training and matches plenty will be put 3 or 4 nights a week.

The issue I’m saying if one week is 70/30 hurling and the following 70/30 football you are losing out to the single code teams.

They can even train less if they want but still have more minutes that two code clubs.

K/P have the training down to a tee imo as outlined by @Aristotle earlier.Clubs should be copying their template.A small club playing senior in both codes, unbelievable stuff in fairness.

Apology accepted.

It is no criticism of any club it’s just a simple fact.

One code clubs which you are trying to crack in Limerick at the top are advantaged. They’ve less games and more training time.

In hurling it tells. Maybe in football you can get away with it a bit more.

https://x.com/StAilbes/status/1840370467493777849

1 Like

You’re a gas man.

They are the current football champions and are in both semi finals this year. Won a lot more than the likes of Doon.

Do many club teams actually plan to win provincial titles? Chasing them fucked up NaP

I guess it’s a by product of winning a heap of county titles in a row.

https://twitter.com/live95limerick/status/1840428852406833375?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Jaysus, Calla is looking hefty alright.

Would a senior club not have change jerseys?

1 Like

Results of Kev’s S&C programme there…:grimacing:

2 Likes

It gets better, around the 2:30 mark

https://twitter.com/sportinglk/status/1840463676945641612?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

2 Likes

He’d be some weapon at junior level to be fair

1 Like

Pa is still togging out,what age is he now?

That’s his brother. Pa is training mungret this year