Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

Doon have severely underperformed in previous county finals against Na Piarsaigh; just complete no-shows. So that is Derek’s first challenge and, to be fair, you’d think that’s something that would be right up his alley.

They are a better team now anyway so you would expect a performance.

Breen should start the next day, hard to know about Daithí and we’ll see about Peter. The fact he got no run today would suggest it’s very unlikely that we’ll see more than a sub appearance.

Based on that, there’s a strong argument that Doon actually have the better XV for once in a clash against Na Piarsaigh. But NaP are experienced and know how to win. Even their youngest players have a county title behind them. They dug it out today against Kilmallock when their backs were to the wall.

Doon also will have to sustain a performance across 60 minutes (obviously enough). They hit 0-15 in about 20 minutes today and, as @Jahan said, barely hit 0-4 in the next 30. That won’t be good enough against Na Piarsaigh.

5 Likes

A fully fit Breen, Dempsey and Casey and na p are a different proposition.

1 Like

Can I get the opinion of a non-NAP supporter please?

Limerick senior hurler Conor Boylan is red raw useless?

Highly unlikely :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You can indeed.

You appear to know fuck all about hurling.

7 Likes

Nap without Peter Casey are like hamlet without the prince.

Think nap are on the wane for a while now well they’ve lost dowling and now Casey who really make them tick.

I expect doon to win.

1 Like

The NCW Camogie side seem gamey

Thanks boys - needed the confirmation

100%. They’ve done extremely well to get to the final with only 1 of the 3 playing a semi.

Kilmallock will be seriously disappointed with the chances they left behind them; even that goal chance at the end… probably was on but really poor execution and a draw would probably have given them extra-time.

1 Like

You shook a few feathers there

That upset them

To be fair I’ll accept different opinions. I’ve never, ever seen anything of him that warrants being a Senior County player. Fair play to him though.

The opinion above seems to be unanimous anyway.

They’re entitled to their opinion too. I don’t think hes useless though. Just not where they think he is yet

1 Like

Someone from the county board confiscated his phone apparently.Nobody is allowed show Limerick club games including Buff

Jesus they are fucking pathetic. Scrambling around to get scores off twitter today. A national laughing stock.

5 Likes

Surely your coding us?

St pats deserved to win though 6 points was very flattering.

Hegarty played across the hf line for the game while his brother played as a proper 6. They have a few more players back on the first 15 and, while limited, are very game.

Hegarty made the first goal with a puckouts catch and run. He caught KD napping for the 2nd with a 1-2 on a free 25m out. KD just fell asleep after a clearance and missed two forwards on a quick return ball over the top for the 3rd. Donie made a couple of fine saves showing that pats were getting in on goal.

Deady was very fussy. KD payed him poorly and conceded half a dozen frees out the pitch in low risk situations.

Hannon and o’dea were dangerous for KD but did not get enough ball near goal for the green flags they have hit in the year to date.

3 Likes

4 of the top 20 club teams in the country and not a peep of it online streaming.

Some joke.

Are they getting the crowds to the matches?

A bad bribe is worse than no bribe

1 Like

They hardly need to prevent it being broadcast to get their crowds?