Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

12 championship hurlers from the Clare 24 I’d say

Might be better, for medium term player development, if we were.

Is Ronan Corcoran gone too? Thought he was on KK panel?

See private message.

1 Like

That was a particularly strong Clare team though, maybe the 2011 minors were slightly stronger but that was still a serious crop.

Did Clare win a Munster minor that year?

Ya and that’s their last Munster Minor medal!

https://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/minor/#2011

Kinnerk invovled with them that time

We won this year, won in 2011 also

Are ye not Shamrocks Ballyhale now?

1 Like

Stop…

There is actually a fascinating story behind this farce. Piece coming not too long.

Was contacted by two different journalists early this year, both wanting to write on that club name issue.

1 Like

Yes I know Clare won 2011…that’s what I quoted

Yes I know they won this year

There were mighty high hopes (even by Clare standards) for Daire Keane. He fell back to earth as fast as ye shot him into orbit.

Aaron Cunningham looked handy at the time but never seemed to make the leap needed.

He broke a leg a couple of years later when he was in with the seniors, never really came back at that level. Might have been the type to really enjoy his time off too though

He gave six or seven years with the seniors at the same time, went traveling after 2017. His father is in the Limerick setup with a few years

1 Like

Think he fell foul of Davy and his drinking ban which he only likes to apply to the lads on the periphery of the panel

1 Like

Shanahan was the best U14 I’ve ever seen.

Saw him up close in a schools game at that age and he was absolutely savage.

There was an article done on Tony Kelly/Ballyea last year and it was mentioned of their great battles with Sixmilebridge Under 12. The Ballyea lads like Kelly/Flanagan and Jack Browne knew they needed to be better because even though he was a year younger, Shanahan could score left and right from 70 yards.

1 Like

That crop of Clare forwards around 13’ish was unbelievable on paper.

I saw him up close after an Harty match one day. He had a pair of thighs on him that I’d never seen the likes of on a young lad before.

If I was starting a match and the likes of him came out to me I’d know I’d have to up my game big time.

A man amongst boys underage.

Davy sent him in to save the day in a Qualifier in Wexford one year and he very nearly pulled it out of the fire scoring two great points in Extra Time, but bar a few appearances at Wing Back in 2017 it never really happened for him at Senior I/C.

He was an ever present in 2018 and hurled fairly well. Back flared up causing him to miss 2019 and the body wouldn’t hold up to I/C training after that

2 Likes