Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Would they seriously only have had that?

In the old structure early July was a terrible time to be a manager/coach. Championship looming large and getting single figure numbers training.

He wrote about in some of his articles at the time.

I suppose if you are a rural club with an almost guaranteed 6-8 lads involved with Kilkenny anyway and God knows how many more would be away for various reasons, you’d be doing well to get double figures.

I’m sure @Malarkey will confirm.

Even this year I’d love to know if they have anyone at all training currently. Corcoran x2, Reid x2, Mullen x2 & Eoin Cody all involved with Kilkenny. Joey Holden, Brian Cody & Colin Fennelly away travelling. Think Mason and Darren Mullen in America too for the summer. That’s 12 of their first 15 not around to start with. Still probably win the AI though :grinning:

1 Like

The general vibe is they will be caught this year in KK.

Who’ll catch them?

Paudie O Brien at 3? that’s a v strange one.

Stumbled across this clearing out a room earlier.
Anyone to guess the year/grade?

1 Like

2013 U21 v Tipp in Thurles?

Got well beaten the same night. Could be the year before in the Gaelic Grounds too when Tipp also prevailed.

Negative. I’ll respond with a like for the correct answer from here on in

Looking at the subs I don’t think Brendan O’Connor ever played u21 so it’s more likely to be a minor match.

2010 minor?

3 Likes

Beat me to it

Semi-final team vs Clare. Clare have five of their respective panel still on the go, which is fair going

What happened Jamie Shanahan? Injuries?

He really drifted away. He was a brilliant underage player.

1 Like

Back (and maybe hip) issues, couldn’t take the IC training load for a finish

A real shame, he was excellent.

Ballyhale Shamrocks will be down at least four first teamers – and probably five of them – for the 2023 Senior Championship. So it goes. There are, as you implied, a lot of our lads in America at the minute. So it goes. Everyone understands why young people want to travel at the moment.

I would be surprised if Ballyhale Shamrocks won this year. But someone will have to beat them. O’Loughlin Gaels are probably a value bet at 9/1. Brian Hogan is an excellent appointment as their manager.

PROBABLE BALLYHALE SHAMROCKS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

Dean Mason

Darren Mullen
Killian Corcoran/Dara Mason
Brian Butler

Evan Shefflin
Richie Reid
Killian Corcoran/Dara Mason

Darragh Corcoran
Paddy Mullen

Eoin Kenneally
Adrian Mullen
Liam Barron/Stephen Barron

TJ Reid
Eoin Cody
Niall Shortall

2 Likes

Still going for the Bridge, and a key man

1 Like

He is working for the bank and is a sound sort for a Clare man it has to be said.

1 Like

I think we got 7 intercounty hurlers (6 in Championship) & an intercounty footballer from those 24 players.

Which is pretty good considering it wouldn’t have been considered our strongest crop. And that doesn’t include Adrian Breen & Aaron Costello who are both that age group and have senior All Ireland medals now. David Reidy would have been U-17 at that point too, same age as Dowling, Dan, Mike Fitz.

Most of them are still playing at some grade; I don’t remember hearing much of Sean Kelly after that though. Same with the two Ahane lads on the bench, and Keogh from Na Piarsaigh.

And a Monaghan/Louth legend in there also

1 Like