Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Did rte show the penalty foul on gillane in the 1st half?

(I had another drink and gave up on putting the game on at 1230 last night)

Nope.

From where I was, it looked blatant enough; but in the real-time coverage, it didn’t look too bad and they didn’t show any replays.

The commentary team didn’t seem to know why the Limerick crowd were fuming.

He was everywhere. Put in a great shift. Left a couple behind him though

We were on the 22 upper Hogan at that end. Looked a blatant foul from there.

I see Brosnan lauding that on Twitter.

In fairness that’s junior stuff, you’d expect any player on any team to do similar.

1 Like

I was in the lower Cusack on the '65 at the Hill end. Not the absolute best vantage point for that incident, but looked like he was clearly pulled back twice before the ball arrived, not to mind when it did.

1 Like

Galway didn’t do enough of that. It was clear Owens wasn’t getting the help required to blow for that stuff

I wouldn’t be a fan of Owens, but I thought he did quite well yesterday.

Left nothing go first half and everything in the second. Didn’t make a bollox of any calls which is all you want

A lot of refs do that. Lay down a marker early and then ease off as the game goes on.

Owens was fine. Theres too much made of refs after every match

1 Like

Did you think Gillane and Flannagan both seemed to make the same run at the same time a bit too often? From the center to the right corner. Felt it was wide open a few times for a bit of a switch up.

Possibly but I wouldn’t have seen it as a major issue tbh. Flanagan does usually make the runs to the left corner and he won a good few balls there but maybe the thinking was that if Galway did have an extra man back at times, that we didn’t want to have a 2 on 1.

In the second half, there was one ball into the right corner where Flanagan fouled Morrissey and Gillane won it in behind; if Flanagan had been level with Morrissey, he wouldn’t have had to foul him and we’d probably have got a score.

We have the country driven demented. :nigeria:

7 Likes

RTE pricks have decided not to bother making the Limk-Galway semi final available to watch back ffs

Describe Limerick

Describe Clare

Waaaaaa the referee

5 Likes

Dial of Destiny is dreadful. Truly shocking. Such a shame to finish it like that. Shame on them all.

The @Limericks will be very disappointed :confused:

It’s up there you just need to search for The Saturday Game instead.

2 Likes

Rewatched the full game there. Jesus it fair petered out as a contest early enough. The body language from Galway from about the 25th minute onwards was just terrible.

1 Like