Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

He is the last man to floor Gillane in a boxing match as well. Gillane Lomachenkoed it after that sweeping all before him.

Judging by the average, thereā€™s a lot of the Limericks who donā€™t have a clue @peddlerscross.

I only knew 3 of the 1980 side.

90/105 other than that.

1 Like

I got all of the 4 recent teams and the 96 team, 14 of the 94, but I let myself down badly with only 10 of each the 07 and 80 teams

They dont do much to quell the stereotype do they?

1 Like

53% means most lads donā€™t even know the current team.

1 Like

Two Tipp boys having the craic debating percentages in an oracle quiz on a Limerick hurling forum, never ever change lads please :rofl:

By the way I got 100%!

3 Likes

Youā€™d know they were knocked out around a month ago!

2 Likes

Fair play on getting William Oā€™Donovan for the 2020 team. :laughing:

1 Like

What was the Limerick team in 1980? Iā€™d have Tommy Quaid, Leonard Enright, Mossie Carroll, Brian Carroll, Dom Punch, Dave Punch, Eamonn Cregan, Joe McKenna, Sean Foley, Liam Oā€™Donoghue, John Flanagan, Willie and Paudie Fitzmaurice. Was Ollie O Connor on that team?

He was

Age must be catching up on me. Forgot a couple of obvious ones. 116/120.

Cregan must be Limerickā€™s greatest ever player for longevity alone.

Even the Tipp team in the New York championship is backboned by a lad from Doon. Still, thereā€™s always the memories of Lar Corbett running after Tommy Walsh the time they cracked hurling.

6 Likes

Longevity was different then - in 9 of his 19 years he played 1 match. Played 40 championship games in 19 years altogether

Deccie has 13 years done and played 58 championship games

2 Likes

Tough to keep going back year after year, often for only one championship game.

I donā€™t think the commitment was as much back then. But it is an amazing achievement to play almost 20 years, not trying to knock itā€¦ just a bit of contrast

I remember in his review of the 1982 championship year Kevin Cashman noting that Cregan was the only Limerick player to play with aplomb against Waterford but at that stage of his career all Cregan had left was his plomb.

1 Like

The hardest one from 1980 (for me, anyway) is Donal Murray but obviously shares his name with a member of the 07 team so you can get a 2-for-1

He played Limerick football and hurling for the start of his career, but again, that wouldnā€™t have added a whole pile to his work load

Was a great schools player and minor too before that.