Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Forgot about that.

They won’t even be left run a summer camp

Full forward line got very little service today, obviously down to Clare’s work rate but you’d think with our experience we’d be able to get around that. Casey was absolutely anonymous. Gillane and Flanagan did well in patches. Morrissey again was the liveliest for us. Lynch again was so quiet. You’d imagine when the quiet players today get back on form we will be very hard to stop again.

Sean Finn’s injury is the biggest worry. Please god it’s not as bad as it looked. Casey is more than a viable replacement but Finn is such a big player to lose.

Clare had to win today; we didn’t. That told tonight. No doubt we will up it big time in 3 weeks. These lads owe us nothing

1 Like

Shanagher doesn’t have near the same impact if Finn is still on the field.

4 Likes

Hope it’s not the cruciate for Finn

Unfortunately it looked like it

Possibly so, but nonetheless Shanagher had a great cameo.

Fair play mate, ye were the much better side. Stood up when it was counted.

Oh my that’s the post of a crowd that have lost the hunger.

These lads owe us nothing. Get them out out out if that’s the mindset.

3 weeks is an ideal break for them though.

I’d imagine Kiely gambled on winning the first 2 and dropping the hammer then from May onwards. He was wrong by 2 points.

1 Like

It must be very difficult for the Caseys to hurl against their own county.

6 Likes

Niall McInerney says hello

They won’t like that

1 Like

Cian lynch looks like a body builder now. It reminds me of Brian o Driscoll who put on a pile of muscle but wasn’t nearly as effective a player. You see way kelly is moving there but lynch looks like he’s weights in his boots or something. I wonder did he over do the training while injured.

It is his four all Irelands weighing him down. In hurling everyone is reactive, last week Kelly was cleaned yesterday he is the reincarnation of Christy Ring again. An outstanding hurler but a different player to Lynch who binds a team together when on song.

1 Like

Kelly was still moving last week. It just didn’t happen for him. Lynch looks slow. He’s arms like a body builder.

Maybe he has been carrying the injury. He was moving fine int he league. I don’t buy into the bullshit, I will always take a team player over an enigma.

They don’t owe us anything? That doesn’t mean we can’t be disappointed if we lose, but we’ll always trust this group.

I think Tony Kelly is awesome. The speed at which he can strike on the run is as good as anybody.

Same with Austin Gleeson. There was years there he would slalom through Cork defense and leave 3 or 4 players in his wake before scoring a goal. He had nearly 10 yards on Kyle Hayes last weekend and Hayes had the gap eaten up in no time. There is definitely a trade off between increased bulk and lack of speed agility.

And good for you. I think he is a very good individual hurler but goes missing when he has to win dirty ball. This Clare team has underachieved consistently with a golden generation while Lynch and Limerick has excelled I know who I prefer.

1 Like

Maybe Limerick should make some sort of plan for Tony Kelly because he consistently plays his best games against them and Clare are their toughest opponent

I don’t see why you have to compare them.

Lynch and Kelly’s careers could be very different too if kinnerk had stayed with Clare.

I don’t get the begrudgery towards Kelly. He’s one of the best players to watch.

1 Like