Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Kelly is a very good hurler when he is left hurl. Cathal Barrett was like his shadow last Sunday and he hardly got a sniff. Limerick allowed him way too much space last night but then again he always saves his best for Limerick. Maybe its because Limerick occupy certain zones and formation and Kelly is adept at finding space between them.

Iā€™d say his last Three games v Limerick are his three best games for Clare in the last couple of seasons. They donā€™t really change their game plan for anybody tbf.

Did he not catch three puckouts yesterday

Limerick want nash and Hannon free as much as possible. Not ideal to be man marking Tony Kelly on top of that.

It is you who is comparing them, you have stated the issues with Lynch currently. I will take four time All Ireland winning Lynch in my team thanks.

100% rugby players are getting lighter and faster by and large Vs bigger and bulkier

2 Likes

Yes but I think thatā€™s a weakness of Limerick in this particular case rather than a badge of honour which supporters and management seem to treat it as

Iā€™m just comparing their movement and running. Not their hurling.

Limerick have thrown out the same game plan for the last three years every day

You are spot on, Barrett fucking cleaned him.

1 Like

He stuck the line ball over the bar against Limerick last year too when they were losing.

They donā€™t detail anyone to him. He can be snuffed out just as easily as the next man as weā€™ve seen time and again but Limerick favour shape over man marking

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably the nail on the head. Limerick looks as bulky as ever and Clare were nipping in all over them. Hurling isnā€™t as nearly as physical a game as people make out.

Kelly is a way slighter individual and he has a lovely gauge in how he moves. Cian Lynch is completely different, he is a link.

He played a few balls from midfield when he went out, assisted a goal plus.

If you want to see an example of a player being cleaned look at Casey on Adam Hogan. Did absolutely nothing positive, gave away two scorable frees, took a yellow and was subbed.

And you enjoy the victory kid now go and do something meaningful with yeā€™re victory for the rest of the season.

1 Like

NZ setting the toneā€¦they started going down that road 5 years ago when the northern hem were still bulking like fuck?

I donā€™t agree. He can do it all when he needs to. Yes he often lays it off when he doesnā€™t really need to but he just doesnā€™t look as fleet footed as he was.

The same Hogan who got hooked last week when ye conceded five goals.

Thatā€™s the big question nowā€¦ Can they take it a step forward?