Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Was that the day the ref basically let slaughtniel assault nap players ?

There was plenty of it alright but can’t recall anything too bad they did

I’d have huge respect for lads like Hayes who do it in their club jersey also.

4 Likes

It was bad enough to draw that out of boylan

Hes a force of nature, play him backs or forwards, he’s got too much in his armoury

1 Like

McGuigan is an unbelievable footballer but is a King of the Shithousery in Hurling.

Slaughtneil did play him midfield last year and he hurled a bit instead of timbering lads corner/wing back.

Im sure boylan learned from it. Every young lad needs to exposed to it

1 Like

Great hurler but it’s his physique. He’s 6 foot 6 but has the coordination of a man of 5 ft 8.

1 Like

And runs like an 800m athlete. Its not a fair fight…

And he’s aggressive…

Its a once in a lifetime mix

1 Like

Brian Ryan was one of the stars of that side and knocked around the senior panel briefly in 2020/21 iirc, came on in a few league games I think. But went completely off the radar after that.

Very nice hurler, a lovely sweet Hurler iirc. Kind of like the great Ronan Lynch.

The greatest team the game has ever known.

22 Likes

Just back from Croke Park after seeing Limerick win the All-Ireland (again) and completing a historic 4-in-a-row.

Magic, magic, pure unadulterated magic. 2018 alone would have done me. Bonus territory since then. It’s just hard to comprehend really, the couple of generations who went to their grave without seeing one and then we are so lucky to be around to see this.

Very fitting and apt that it’s the Big 3 now who are the only counties to have secured the 4 timer. We tip our hats to that great Cork team of ‘41-‘44 and that amazing Kilkenny team of Shefflin, Walsh, Delaney, Larkin, Brennan and co.

Future generations will talk about Quaid, Finn, Hannon, Mulcahy, Hayes, Gillane, Morrissey and co. They’ve seen it all, they’ve won the lot. 5 Munster’s in a row, 5 AI’s in 6 years. Their greatness is assured and will stand the test of time.

The sweetest of the 5 IMO. Unreal adversity this year between injuries, lack of form, opposition teams raising their game, fatigue and everything else. But they still found a way, as great teams do. 21 scores to 7 in the second half against the greatest hurling county of them all. WOW. Our year turned on Tipp blowing it against Waterford. All of a sudden a home Munster final and the year was reignited.

Great to meet a few TFK heavy hitters in the Hill today too. The lads who were there in Tullamore in 2018 when promotion out of 1 fucking B was the height of our expectations. Delighted for those lads. And the others on here who I don’t know but trundled along to matches for many more years than me and put down many desperate years but still kept going back year after year, in blind hope more than anything else.

This era will end as quickly as it started. Fast forward five years and Cork or someone will be after reeling off two or three in a row and we’ll probably be miles from even a Munster title. The wheel is always turning. So be it. So fortunate to live through all this. I think of my grandfather who’d only have loved to be around to see it. Sin e.

Kilkenny were very gracious after, as befitting a county who have won an AI almost every four years since the foundation of the association. TJ is the GOAT.

We go again in 2024. See you all in Patsy’s in a few hours. A great day following a great team. :trophy: :trophy::trophy::trophy: in a row, kid.

Roll on the club championship.

36 Likes

Shur you had no faith they could do it.

Enjoy mate

:see_no_evil:

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

They’re to be pitied really

14 Likes

They take themselves too seriously altogether

1 Like

It’s all they have really. Bar the obvious.

That’s incredibly embarrassing. Cringe :grimacing:

Between that and Shane Simpleton you’d be concerned about the level of seethe

9 Likes