Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

The Tipp crowd have genuinely been destroyed by yesterday, reading over Premier sewer was just delicious, roaring on Kilkenny to win an AI thatā€™s where they are now, telpis :joy:

9 Likes

Tipp not being involved in the big days

1 Like

Iā€™m never taking a Tipp person who tells me Tipp and Kk is a bitter rivalry seriously again.

4 Likes

We have a bitter rivalry with everyone mate.

6 Likes

The Miller Shield will have an extra edge to it this year.

3 Likes

Limerick have tended to perform in All-Ireland finals with this group and they found a gear yesterday that they hadnā€™t really found this year.

No team in the country would have lived with us for the last 25 minutes, I donā€™t think. That goal really sparked us into life, you could see all the players roaring at each other (not in an abusive way, in a ā€˜letā€™s get this fucking organisedā€™ way) and they just reeled off the scores after that.

I hoped they would find that level and sustain it and while it was only 25 minutes, it was such a high level, it would win any game, I think. A bit reminiscent of the 2021 Munster final where we just blitzed the opposition.

Letā€™s not forget that we looked vulnerable this year. The first two games of the Munster Championship were the worst back-to-back performances in Championship in the Kiely era. We improved from there but definitely werenā€™t delivering sustained performances. Hannon was definitely a loss again yesterday, his ability to be the second pass on a short puckout is huge; Finn remains a huge loss even though the full-back line did well yesterday.

So to win in such style having come from a place where we have looked as weak as we ever have in Championship is nice. Really grew throughout the year, the return to fitness of Cian Lynch obviously massive and he delivered in the semi-final & final when we needed him. Hegarty was way off 2022 levels but, even still, he did get better as the year went on.

5 Likes

For the life of me I canā€™t fathom that.

2 Likes

I have no doubt plenty of poor souls went to the grave without seeing Limerick win an All-Ireland but two generations gone to their grave? Surely most of the children of 1973 were still to the good in 2018. It was only a 45 year gap. Not quite like the missing person in Clare for 81 years where people genuinely did live a long lifetime without witnessing a Liam McCarthy homecoming.

Now we start the drive for five

1 Like
3 Likes

Shur we tried to tell you this

5 Likes

Oliver played in goal against Limerick in the 2015 U21 final and Clare the year before.

A Wexford chap?

1 Like

Are the clubs in Limerick out this weekend coming? Or will they be pushed out?

Seems fairly mad to play them this weekend but ideal for the masses of club players

Week after

1 Like

A week of celebration, last challenges with the county lads next weekend and Championship the following weekend.

Patrickswell vs Na Piarsaigh on the Friday night: Casey vs Gillane, WOD vs Lynch, Casey vs Byrnes.

Kilmallock vs Doon and Kildimo/Pallas vs Ahane on the Saturday then.

5 Likes

Any streaming this year?

Havenā€™t heard but presume NaP & the Well will be streamed if itā€™s not on TV.

I thought there were Premier Intermediate matches fixed for this weekend coming. Have they been moved?