Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

It’s utterly remarkable you’re still going back to 16/17 players from 2018 if hannon and Finn weren’t injured.

5 Likes

This is the team that lost to Kilkenny in 2017:

Limerick: N Quaid; S Finn, R McCarthy, M Casey; D Morrissey, D Hannon, S Hickey; P Browne, D O’Donovan; D Dempsey, C Lynch, G Hegarty (0-02); P Casey (0-03), S Dowling (0-08, 0-06 frees), K Hayes (0-02).

Subs: B Nash (0-01) for Hegarty (46 mins), J Ryan for O’Donovan (50 mins), T Morrissey for Dempsey (54 mins), P Ryan (0-01) for Browne (59 mins), G Mulcahy for Lynch (68 mins), G O’Mahony for Hannon (74 mins).

One great point about the post match celebrations that was very well put on the examiner podcast.

The GAA should book out two hotels and play the cost for accommodation & meals of all players, back room and partners. Let the families etc pay for themselves.

It was embarrassing looking on at MOTM in an all Ireland final getting his award in a beer garden in a pair of shorts.

8 Likes

Seems to be a bit of a character, fair play to him

1 Like

Lost that day but could easily have won. Hit a mountain of wides

Pound shop donnacha o Callaghan

1 Like

Agreed. With a hotel across the road.

From what I heard from people close to the Limerick players they were happy to come home and imagine this is what’ll happen going forward regardless.

1 Like

A gas card.

Idk, I kinda liked it.

I think the over-the-top formality of the “banquet” probably gets tired after a while.

3 Likes

Club championship in 10 days time and imagine the sunda/Monday of the celebrations are tiresome at this stage.

Players just want to break off and do their own thing as quickly as possible.

2 Likes

A sportsperson receiving a man of the match award wearing shorts. Heavens to Betsy. Won’t anyone think of the children?

1 Like

I called this a few years back , once they kept winning everything Limerick do would be picked apart exactly like clowns did with the Super dubs 6 in a row team

3 Likes

Neutrals don’t like to see one team dominating and that’s fair enough, but some (mainly from Tipperary) are more bitter about it than others.

3 Likes

I have heard the players think it’s an awful effort but it just looks the part. You wouldn’t see Messi getting the Balon d’or with a pink baseball hat on.

Tipp are very odd that way . They think picking at everyone means everyone is jealous of them :person_shrugging:. Cork , Kilkenny , limerick, Galway.

1 Like

16 Likes

I think they are very good with their time, which they have to do. Letting them on their own to celebrate their achievement is something we should do too.

A neighbour of mine goes there to the Social Dancing every Monday night and loves it.

He was in foul humour this evening though because its off tonight due to “those fucking cunts” staying there. :joy:

4 Likes