Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

I was flying but did my cruciate a few weeks after☹️

Was originally fixed for mungret, then caherdavin and ultimately rathkeale… weather and pitch conditions i can only presume

I would have said that in Championship their tackling is better than most but it does depend on the referee because I saw them in the league too and they gave away 20-odd frees that day, kept roaring at Mikey Browne.

1 Like

Dowling didn’t cover himself in glory for the first goal. You’d think he’d be good at long range frees. Looked very difficult conditions.

He was a few yards out and one on one. The full back line didn’t cover themselves in glory

He turned his arse to it I thought but only
Saw highlights.

1 Like

The standard of Limerick club grounds must be really brutal that they have to keep putting top class games like that in Claughan.

The focus in Limerick is generally having the neutral venue as exactly half way between both as possible rather than any facilities

Claughaun does have a good surface, one of the best in the county. And is pretty central for lots of teams.

The biggest issue is that it’s quite open so can be very windy.

Claughaun is a grand venue

2 Likes

Mark Lyons never missed one either the hoor.

1 Like

The lack of a stand put me off going to that game and many others in Limerick.

The county board put absolutely zero stock in fixing games for venues which actually have basic facilities like a stand and scoreboard.

No venue should be getting a championship game without those basic requirements.

3 Likes

It is a bit of a problem particularly given there are plenty of grounds with some kind of stand.

Moreso than getting wet the issue is having your view blocked by bloody umbrellas.

2 Likes

No club in the city division has a stand. Perhaps 4 or so in each of the other divisions.

Fedamore has a good scoreboard wet up but we got soaked in the rain last night.

Would The Big House ever think of helping out Clubs with their facilities or is the Senior Team Vanity Project, his sole concern?

Way more than 4 back west. Askeaton, Athea, Glantine, NCW, Glin, Kierans, Rathkeale, Abbeyfeale, Coolyroe, Kileedy etc

Sad Doctor Who GIF

They’re beautiful

4 Likes

You’re going to tie yourself up in knots.

“JP is a disgrace, his money gives Limerick an unfair advantage.”

“JP is a disgrace, he should pour money into Limerick club infrastructure.”

4 Likes

Feenagh, Knockaderry, Tour, Mountcollins, Gerald Griffins, Drom