Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

I heard they were in poor shape alright

Premier intermediate result.

Effin 2-20 Blackrock 1-17.

Handy win for Crecora vs Claughaun this evening. Couldnā€™t make it myself but finished 0-23 to 0-07 in the end.

5 Likes

Both teams looking big in coolyroe

1 Like

Enjoyable match in Kilmallock with the sides level at half time before Effin opened up a gap.

I thought it finished 2-19 to 1-17 but thatā€™s neither here nor there.

Pierse Oā€™Kelly took Richie for 2-2, though Richie still managed to make a good few traditional bursts and got a point in injury time when the game was done. Blackrockā€™s goal came very late in the game also.

Three points from play for each of Fergal Oā€™Connor, Ruairi Oā€™Connor and Tommy Quaid.

Ian Oā€™Brien stuck to POD like glue, he still got on a lot of ball and laid off some nice passes but I donā€™t think he scored from play. Put over about six frees and missed a couple both from frees and play.

Blackrock withdrew most of their forwards fairly deep for a lot of that. Their captain Paudie Leahy played well around the middle of the field. Looked like a bad pull across PODā€™s leg in a throw-in towards the end of the match but I donā€™t think a card was given so maybe looked worse from a distance.

Blackrock, Effin, Bruff and NaP all on four points currently with NaP v Bruff to play their third round match tomorrow.

Glenroe, NCW, D/A on two, with Cappamore on zero and in hard luck not to have two of NaPā€™s four.

7 Likes

Heard Pallasgreen had another two sent off last night v Hospital, to go with the three sent off in Round 1. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Whatā€™s going on at all with SL. Thatā€™s two bad losses

I hear he had a meltdown on the frees.

Loads of Limerick tops at the Newtown Kanturk game today including some lads who have played inter county. Good to see them crossing the border.

There were similar scenes about 12 or 13 years ago in Carrick-on-Suir when Carrick Davins and Carrick Swans faced off in Davin Park, after Carrick Davins returned to senior hurling after a long absence; Iā€™m sure my e-mate @peddlerscross can recall the game

Yes played in Davin Park at noon one Sunday in the summer of 2010.

The early throw in time was on safety grounds similar to the way Celtic and Rangers can only play in the early kick off.

There were still lads drinking cans at it.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t believe all the Limerick tops in Charleville today. Some queue to Kilmalock after.

Ball of south limerick lads probably went to school with those Kanturk and Newtown fellas as you know yourself

Thereā€™s a lovely view of Kilmallock from the 3rd floor of the Charleville Park hotel cc @balbec

1 Like

I would believe so. They must have learned what proper rivalry is about.

1 Like

I will pray for you

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

Bit like Croagh having 10 Lenihans named on the match programme last night.

4 Likes

Adare had fucking 27 togged for the Junior B the other night. Cunts should be thrown out of the championship for being JB

4 Likes

Well they got fucked out of Junior A for making a mockery of the Box Office West Championship for years

1 Like

:popcorn: :popcorn: