Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Monaleen and Mungret have a better chance I think just with the numbers that they both have. They can afford to have different panels. Over the next 5 years they should be a threat I reckon.

Is there a David Geary involved with Mungret? Maybe he’s with a second panel…

Had him involved with Mary I freshers last year and is a good keeper and all round nice fella

Correct, Adare only have one game left now v Monaleen having already played the Bouncers in Round 1 - apologies!

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy is the man for that question

Only a blow in would try to introduce football into the Well or Kilmallock . They destroyed Adare.

7 Likes

Very true, I’ve seen this happen.

Sure weren’t ye a football club before a hurling club, until ye got sense.

We have several senior and underage football titles

2 Likes

They stopped the young lads congregating at the crossroads. A couple of more hurling county titles duly followed.

2 Likes

Theres nothing wrong with having a second code, but it must always know its place. As soon as it doesnt, you need to get it the fuck out. Saying that, seeds planted will always give some return and weeds are hard to get out of somewhere.

I admire the absolute disdain the likes of Camross, Rathdowney etc have for football. Its there, it exists, but if it ever threatens the hurling its fucking gone.

It’s hard to really know. The standard at the top is very high at the moment. That could change a little in time but realistically you need a few county superstars to probably win it.

They don’t come around too often and something monaleen and Mungret haven’t produced yet.

1 Like

We’ve been hearing this for years to be fair.

1 Like

Yes. Was keeper for the 21s last year but last I heard he is insured atm

Ahane 1-7 Na Piarsaigh 0-10 at half time.

1-3 from Ronan Fox. Good physical match. NaP first touch is off a bit and not finding the same space in the corners as against Doon, but up against a completely different challenge.

The Well lead 2-11 to 1-11 at HT. great game. Goals scored by multiple all ireland medallists Gillane and Lynch. Oisin Reilly goaled for us. Mul and Robbie are back. We’ve hit a few bad wides

4 Likes

We overcome our great rivals 2-22 to 2-20.

3 Likes

Multiple all ireland medallist Mul goaled. HOTY incumbent Byrnes missed a peno in injury time to level it. The Bull was very good.

2 Likes

Fixed

Unreal standard. To be expected with so many multiple All Ireland winners present.

6 Likes

Ah yeah but we’d be very humble inside the walled town

8 Likes