Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Another step closer to superclub dominance.
They’ll be senior A and senior football next year.

1 Like

Split Mungret in two. #stpaulsrising

Liberties are doing no work underage, we are in a farcical underage amalgamation with them. No senior club should be in a position that they need to join with an adjacent Junior club just to make up numbers. The amalgamation is playing at the 2nd and 3rd tiers too which is of no benefit to either club.

6 Likes

Lyons of Limerick Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship Round 5.

Effin 2-21 Na Piarsaigh 1-18

Woodlands House Hotel & Spa Junior A Hurling Championship Group 1

Kilteely Dromkeen 4-15 Monagea 1-14

Woodlands House Hotel & Spa Junior A Hurling Championship Group 4

Bruff 1-22 Rathkeale 0-14.

1 Like

Bruff getting their act together again?

Effin 2-21 Na Piarsaigh 1-18

Plenty of goal chances in the first half.

James Finn had the first for NaP after three minutes. For Effin’s first, after 15 minutes, Nickie laid off a ball to Fergal O’Connor in the middle of the field who ran 60 yards with it. His shot was blocked but Pierse O’Kelly finished to the net.

Dylan Lynch hit the side netting and Ruairi O’Connor goaled at the other end almost in the next sequence of play. Himself and Fergal are powerful runners.

NaP had a couple more goal chances before half time but were out of luck and Effin went in leading 2-9 to 1-8.

Paddy O’Donovan was prominent enough in the first half but really turned on the style after half time. He is unreal at fielding high ball. He had seven points from play, three from frees and a few wides.

NaP kept on battling though and were still only three down going into injury time. David Shepperd was dangerous enough when he came on but the second goal didn’t materialise.

Effin are on eight points now after five games, with Cappamore (and Bruff) to come so are pretty much into the semi-finals.

NaP on four with D/A and NCW to come so chances of a semi-final are a lot slimmer at this stage.

7 Likes

He’s a class act has unreal wrists, himself the Bull AOC, AE and CON will be all starters in a few years

4 Likes

Ridiculous amount of young talent coming through, long may it continue.

1 Like

Kiely will make some set of backs out of them.

6 Likes

He can get a shot away in any bit of space and can take on any kind of shot. He hit one from just outside his own 45 I’d say, another from a tight angle by the sideline.

1 Like

Nix from NCW just as good as POD

1 Like

Ye can take this as gospel…Unfortunately for POD Kiely & Kinnerk have no interest in small lads!

Graham Mul says hello

1 Like

Peter Casey, Adam English.

Correct…POD will never have the strength of the 2 lads tho…Mul…sure you can’t say a whole pile about him…dog In the fight!

Paul kinnerk has started a new role with irfu I hear.

Presume it wouldn’t impact his role with Limerick.

More cross field ball I suppose.

I wonder how the gaelic football drills will go in the rugby

1 Like

Try harder!!