Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

The County Championship is a serious business

Word has it that he is carrying a knock anyway.

No point risking him against those mullockers

Unfortunately yeir boy will have to wait a while longer , Hego wont feature against ye as he is injured and needed later in the year, and we will be missing quite a few more also.

Kieran’s surely won’t lose to claughann ??

No
They won’t

Kierans don’t seem to win much underage anymore - they were once a bit like Fr Casey’s now - players walking away from playing senior

Would be surprised if they are relegated though

Hard to see beyond NCW - overall the standard may be dropping in club football?

If ncw win it this year missing sheahan aj o conor Shane stack & diarmuid Kelly then the standard really has lowered

No chance I’d say. And Ballylanders will relegate Claughan if that’s what it comes down to

I’ve heard Claughan, have a few extra lads back that weren’t available for some of the other games. Apparently they’ll have close enough to a full deck for the first time this year.

Kierans were very poor the night I saw them, but I suppose you’d still have to expect they’ll have enough for Claughan in a crunch game.

Hard to say if the standard is dropping, but the competitions do seem to be getting less competitive.
Kierans are still tipping away winning trophies underage but tends be more the A (or B) level as opposed to Premier.

Despite NCW’s missed players I would still fancy them. Doesn’t say a whole pile about the rest of the teams.

I see your man Mark Fitz is after getting the Clare job. After failing to get the Limerick one. Strange enough imo

It seems a lot of people aren’t happy about how he was treated?

He didn’t go for the job initially but was persuaded to do so.

Word from the camp was that he was a grand fella. Better as a coach than a manager. I think he might have remained as a coach on some of the tickets

I would think the standard is improving… alot of talent from the underage academies now developing… Claughan have a lot of players back and will really fancy their chances… 3 big players back from Oola game who they ran close on the day…

1 Like

I’d say the general standard might be higher but the standard of the very top teams has come back a little bit on last year even.

Which makes it a more open Championship, I guess.

Thomas Grimes

@Aristotle how was Mr Hayes with the big ball ?

Mom