Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

I wasn’t talking about Doon at all fella. Sure you’d bate them with your cap

Doon look extremely well coached this season. Very slick outfit.

Very difficult to see them win one with so many missing.

Post bookmarked big dog. We’re coming like a fucking train.

Davy Fitz has taken over in recent weeks.

Missing all 6 backs from last year though.

Which na p players are gone past the right age? Very few. Our best players are in their prime and we have a few very decent young players after coming through onto the team. I think we’re well placed. I’d still prefer if we reversed the Downes and Lynch positioning but it looks like we’re stuck with that now.

Any truth in the rumour another East Limerick club have swooped for a certain former Doon coach?

Blockbuster day of season defining club action.

Mungret v Ballybrown in Claughaun, winner is promoted up to Senior A.

Quarter final pairings to be confirmed in the intermediate and junior championships too, as well as relegation pairings.

Croom v Feohanagh at 1pm is a big one, the loser will be into a relegation final and 60 mins away from the junior bear pit.

Hopefully we’ll have TFK reporters out and about at various matches. Cc @Jahan

9 Likes

Huge win for Feenagh, big statement

1 Like

Nap probably have a younger average age I’d say than killmallock well if Mulcahy was starting anyway :rofl:

Maybe age was the wrong phrase, miles on the clock is probably more accurate. I think Kilmallock are better coached as well.

Was talking to a few at the Doon game and Adam English was the standout player. Scored a goal and set up another, was constantly looking to engineer a green flag. Donovan was fine.

Ahane had some bad wides from frees by Tom Morrissey when they were attempting to close the gap.

1 Like

Adam English has had an outstanding group phase. He seemed to have a few niggly issues over the last few seasons which hindered his development but he’ll play a huge impact for Limerick going forward.

1 Like

He will. I personally think he does too much dirty work and should be at the end of moves rather than the start but thats the Limerick way.

With dowling in goals and Peter Casey injury free nap will be better than last year too. Few young lads in the fold and free taking issues sorted as well.

Hard to see they’ve regressed imo.

It’s not like we are struggling for inside forwards with Petey and gillane.

At inter county level he’d get on a lot more ball out the field.

Hannon being an example. Lynch at mid field maybe too.

You want these lads on as much ball as possible.

Kiely is a master at gently easing lads into the fold. A league start here, a few mins in the championship there. God be with the days Shaughs and Pat Kirby were thrown in as kids.

English’s only championship appearance this year was as a blood sub in the Munster final I think, when he grabbed a point?

You’d be hoping him, SOB and possibly Paddy O’Donovan will be big players for the county team in the medium to long term.

7 Likes

I’d say kilmallock have more lads with even more miles on the clock than us too, and we’ve more younger players. We’ll see about who’s better coached I suppose.

A lot of the young Limerick players are having great Championships, as you would expect.

Paddy O’Donovan was class again yesterday for Effin, and I thought Fergal O’Connor got on loads of ball.

Shane O’Brien is up there as one of the best players in the Championship, full stop.

Cathal O’Neill is talismanic for Crecora.

Adam English has been Doon’s best player, he is sheer class tbh. And I’d say this is the longest uninterrupted time without injury he’s had since moving up to adult hurling.

Aidan O’Connor flying for Ballybrown too and Baby Hego doing a lot of scoring for Pat’s.

And the likes of Donnacha O’Dálaigh has been racking up big scores too. Couple of the young Mungret lads have been very influential.

Obviously you’d expect players of their ability to be making such an impact but it’s nice to see them shouldering responsibility and taking on leadership roles.

12 Likes

Except for kyler. He put kyler straight into battle from day one.

2 Likes

There’s fair rain out there now.