Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Swarm tackling

3 Likes

Saw a young lad, only 6, execute a text-book handpass on the run last night at hurling training.
I wasn’t long pulling him aside, telling him to cut out the messing and showing him how to throw the ball properly.

28 Likes

It’s under Go Games. Which is not competitive (I dont care what the coaches say). All competitors get medals at the end.

2 Likes

Keep the phone on,Kiely will be calling.

I’d a young throw the medal back the other day, said he knew they’d lost and didn’t want it

1 Like

Fair play to him. What age are you pretending he was?

6 Likes

I was really expecting a TNH :joy:

11.He wouldn’t go up and get the medal at an U11 tournament after losing the final. We eventually explained it would be rude not to. I doubt it made it out of the car when he got home.

20 years inside! Was sentenced at 31. Christ what a waste of lives…

https://x.com/nicolatallantsw/status/1717579856156692485?s=46&t=hLFVM4tcaAF7TEDm5mgJyQ

Did he hurl?

2 Likes

1 Like

Looks like a few have lumped on CK

Croagh will walk it. They have to win. GB are just happy to be there.

2 Likes

@dodgy_keeper will have the deck chair on the sideline out. He has to pinch himself

@Gary_Birtles_Lovechi has been bullish all year. CK will walk it

Not bullish about this final. CK don’t score enough goals. We’re going to need at least 2 to topple GB. They’ll shoot 20 odd points on the day. I fully expect GB to win it by 4-5 points.

The only concern I’d have for Team GB is they’ve been hammering teams all year, and came through a very tough semi - have the peaked? CK have been motoring along in third gear all autumn, are they saving their best for last?

Ballingarry been scoring alot, but Croagh are definitely the best back 6 they will have faced all year by a fair bit

Fair to say that the two best teams in the competition have reached the final and the fact that they haven’t already met en route makes it more appealing.

Very hard one to call. C/K are most definitely on the up and are arguably the most improved side in the county over the last few years. G/B will be hard bet though and have been posting very impressive totals thus far. Both teams have a quality elder statesman to call on as well as a good sprinkling of up and coming talent.

It may well take more than 60 minutes to separate them.

2 Likes

Not going to be great weather for the senior final tomorrow by the looks of it.

Advantage nap.

This is what we in CK have been saying - it’s the grade’s best set of backs against the best set of forwards.

Best backs usually win out
Particularly in this weather