Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Congrats to your lads, tough way to lose a county final

2 Likes

Bit of the Doons about FK.

I thought county finals werenā€™t supposed to go to penalties. Thereā€™s no need for it.

Big win for Mungret. Would have preferred FK go up as I donā€™t think these super clubs having second teams bating first teams is much good for anyone

9 Likes

Granagh/Ballingarry have done it, congrats @dodgy_keeper, commiserations @Gary_Birtles_Lovechi

Two monster points from Luke Flynn in stoppage team were crucial.

Barry Lenihan had a chance for a goal at the end, inches over the crossbar.

Had a chance to drop the ball in around the square but failed to get it in there.

Serious contest.

4 Likes

Congrats to G/B and @dodgy_keeper

Best team on the day won.

13 Likes

Hard luck mate.

3 Likes

Congrats to Mungret seconds, but I think penalties are a disgraceful way to finish any county championship. These are amateur players at the end of the day, giving up their time for nought. The least both teams deserved was another day out.

6 Likes

I would have to agree with that.
It had been a great contest and deserved another go in two weeks time.

1 Like

F/K didnā€™t lose a single game all championship and still canā€™t get out, that Junior A championship is lethal but as mentioned above I completely disagree with larger clubs having their 2nd team in the lower championships, as a player if your not good enough to play for the 1st team then tough luck.

Ah Jesus.

Is there a particular hurry for Munster?

Tough on FK having to go out into that now.

Congrats to mungret @ciarancareyshurlingarmy and Team GB @dodgy_keeper and any other posters here from both clubs. Thought the Junior final was brilliant. Two honest teams going at it in difficult conditions , tough , hard , but not dirty. Great example for all.

4 Likes

Thats a load of shite , if the numbrrs are there fair play. Put in your second team if the redt arent good to beat you , thats not your fault.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s bollox

Feenagh play ncw next Saturday in the junior football final and then two outings in the Munster junior.
Will be tough to lift them after today but they are young enough to rattle junior hurling next year.

Set up a B competition separately the likes of Kilmallock, Nap, Doon, the Well, Mungret if they have the numbers but players arenā€™t good enough for the 1st team panel then let them play in a stand alone championship where if they show form they get called up when needed, throwing in lads into a Junior A championship who are above that level is wrong whatever way you cut it.

If a club can enter three teams more power to themā€¦ if your first 15 canā€™t be a clubs second side Iā€™d look closer to home than blaming them

1 Like

So fuck the rural parish with the bare 15 and let the city clubs with a massive pick have carte blanche, fair enough.

Their is only one club higher in the 3rd grade of hurling, mungret & Kilmallock in the 4th tierā€¦ no club has a second team in intermediate footballā€¦ many second teams train just as hard as the first to win or even compete at juniorā€¦ a competition for just second teams would have no respect and youā€™d end up losing players

So second teams from bigger clubs shouldnā€™t be allowed play because they might beat teams from small clubs? How does that make any sense?

1 Like

I will respectfully disagree with you about clubs seconds operating at lowel level. Ours is a small rural club, I understand where you are coming from. But I think us smaller clubs just have to deal with it. We have a seconds team operating at Junior B. But for the likes of Fedamore, Junior B is their only adult team. So itā€™s swings and roundabouts.

You right about the Junior A. Itā€™s the hardest of all to get out of. It only took Croagh 117 years! Caherline found it tough this year having come down from Intermediate, and Iā€™ve no doubt Knockaderry will find it just as hard next year.

4 Likes