Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Lads playing junior football for their club second or third team aren’t transferring anywhere

If you exclude them from junior championships they might.

They’re not excluded

1 Like

Are you being thick deliberately? I said if you exclude second teams what do you do with all the players.

NCW’s juniors are after winning their championship aren’t they? They’re evidently not excluded, whatever raimĂ©is scenario you want to envisage

Why are are you being so thick?

It was mentioned on here before that b teams shouldn’t be allowed in the championships.

I asked what would happen all the players.

You started saying nobody was excluded.

The conversation was about the provincial club championships, if you want to pretend otherwise off with you

You’ve been caught out talking raimĂ©is.

The whole thing really stinks on F/K. They were shown up today. You’d think they would go out and win after the shit they pulled.

1 Like

That’s not the gotcha you think it is

1 Like

If you are letting them win a junior a county I don’t have a huge issue with them going forward tbh.

I don’t mind b teams in the junior an and b but it does seem a little shit when they’re in the intermediate divisions for whatever reason.

No easy fix but stopping b teams
Surely isn’t the answer either.

They just gave savage motivation to Newcastle west.

It reminded me of the time doon lost to ballybrown I think to knock out nap. There was a scandal over it.

Doon didn’t get much luck after it.

Totally agree. Erin’s Own second team won Cork Junior hurling yet the losers St Catherine’s represent Cork in Munster. Absolute stupidity of a rule. What is wrong with second teams representing their county in Munster? Nothing wrong in my opinion.

1 Like

I guess the fact the competition isn’t finished in a calendar year is a major issue.

Banner (Ennis) have lost the Junior A Hurling final 2 years in a row to 2nd teams and have gotten to play provincials both years. It’s stupid stuff.

They’ll likely be ‘back to back Munster Finalists’

1 Like

whats the issue with that, if your junior at the end of your county championship/ start of provincial championship then that is your status for the remainder of the competition going forward. you are hardly going to encounter the problem that the next years county championship will be started before the culmination of the all Ireland club final.
also, imho, i see no issue with a second team from a club representing their county if they are the rightful winners. it happens in many counties where teams who haven’t even made it to semi finals go forward to represent their county and may possibly not even have trained or played a match for numerous weeks.

I was thinking from a regrading point of view.

I see Ballyagran has got the Munster Intermediate Hurling QF between Ferrybank and Crotta at 1.30.

The amount of games they host is something else. I guess not many clubs have three pitches. They do keep their number 1 pitch in great nick to be fair.

The Banner didn’t make the final last year

1 Like

They were beaten in the quarter final both years