Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

2005 replay against Tipp l reckon, was the same day as the cup final IIRC

1 Like

Yep it was. A long time ago.

1 Like

They were squealing like pigs as usual. Referee this, linesman that, feigning all over the field. Makes for a great atmosphere though. Great little ground, Ennis.

1 Like

They were on a great run at the time too at u21 level. It was ideal to put a stop to that really.

A marker was put down that day in Ennis.

They had a good bunch in fairness. They got an All-Ireland against a hapless cork side, if Davy wasn’t over them they might have got more.

1 Like

Lost hickey who was the key to the making that system work. But at that, the four missed frees and a Clare got a poxy goal, seven points ended up being the difference.

Jack Aherne missed that game too; he was in very good form and would have been a starter along with BOC & Reidy (who were arguably the two stars of the team outside the Dow).

A class Clare team tbf.

I’m pretty certain it was never ratified. Discussed but not ratified officially. Meaning if 1 club kicks up over it not being ratified it won’t be happening. A bit of a fuck up by the Co Board I think.

It would still be a brave man that crossed Éamonn Cregan.

Mr Reidy didn’t get the invite

3 Likes

He looks shook

About 78 now sure

Not sure you’d need to be all that brave to cross him.

Time is a fucker

I will fact check that with my sources. Surely even Spike couldn’t get away with inviting a former officer and not a current up and coming man.

Three different Hurler’s of the Year in succession from the same club is incredible really.

The two scores which this year will be remembered for are the goal in the Munster final & the equalising point from out under the Cusack in the AI final. Just class.

16 Likes

Junior programme this year

He was in a vain of form against Clare that was virtually unplayable.

There was a particular 5 minute spell in the second half when any time we got the ball the crowd were just saying lave’ it in to Gillane as he was off the charts. He had the goal got, a savage point then followed a minute later and I think the next ball straight away he sent Nolan for a bag of chips and had the goal chance saved.

One that Cian Nolan will get nightmares for for a long, long time.

4 Likes

That was written by 1 of the local GAA journos, not a member of the CCC of Limerick Co Board. I’d like to see the minutes of the Co Board meeting where it was confirmed this was happening, because it wasn’t. It was discussed alright.

If it’s challenged it’s a non runner

Feenagh best the Banner by 4 points, March on

This was passed at convention last year. It was stated it was too late to come into effect for 2023 but would happen in 2024.

2 Likes