Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

An hour of listening to Buff talking about Banner’s “Shane Menaghan” and “Feenagh-Kileedy”. You think for such a hurling fanatic he’d get the basics right.

Delighted for FK after being blackguarded in the county final with the penalties. Cork biys will be a tough nut to crack in final. Congrats @IshotJR

1 Like

Outstanding bit of stuff from the lads to comeback after 2 devastating losses. Moss fitz a man with the strength of 2 horses. Great to see ronan o connor back into the fold since the group stages too. Roll on st. Catherine’s​:muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

Yes, correct. And prior to the competition starting the parameters for how qualification for that competition would be achieved and how many teams would be in it (eg would it be 8 like Premier Intermediate or split it directly in half and go 12??) was supposed to be instructed to clubs, no?? That was not done. It was discussed alright. Did the competition start without anything like that set out to club secretaries?

I hope it comes in. It’d make a job of it. The Premier Junior would be a great competition and it’d make for a great lower junior too as some of the stronger sides left behind scramble to get up. I’m just told a few mistakes were made and nothing was rubber stamped on how the Premier Junior would be made up prior to the start of this year’s competition and therefore is wide open to objections if any club was that way inclined. You can be sure there’d be 1 or 2!

Sounds like you are lining up an objection yourself

2 Likes

Myself and my daughter were in the upper right of cusaak for gillanes pnt. It was epic. I remember shouting go on Dan at the start of it. As pnts go DOD against Galway after the goal chance in the 1st half was also unreal

1 Like

Any chance Moss Fitz gets a call from JK? Haven’t seen enough of Feenagh this year to comment but I know he was with footballers for a bit last year. Any other fellas in the lower grades worth a shot?

Moss doesn’t have the hurling for a call up. Ruairí O’Connor could be one to watch though, young lad with bags of potential I think

No, it won’t bother me thank God!

Can confirm Premier Junior A hasn’t been voted on at any county boarding meeting. Would make for fantastic games though. Thought the quality in Junior A this year was fantastic.

1 Like

@LimerickNomad

3 Likes

Can they bring it in now for next season or will teams be able to complain about being relegated. They must be four years talking about it at this stage

On sale in Rourkes Cross lads

This one is water damaged from being thrown on the bar. €30.

I might sneak it out under my coat.

1 Like

All depends if it’s on the agenda for County Convention next month……it hasn’t been sent out to clubs yet.

But would teams have a right to say that’s grand but it wasn’t agreed before the competition so you can’t “relegate” us now?

I presume it will have to go for a vote anyway and in reality everyone had it on their mind that it was going to split, but just wondering would it have to be agreed before this years competition or is a vote enough to do it regardless

It’s a fair fuck up anyway!

Hopefully common sense prevails and it goes through, it’d make a job of it. 24 teams in one competition is far too big

Premier Junior would be horrendously hard. But ya it would make for a great competition

As good a competition as it is currently, the junior A is definitely way too bloated. A split would be ideal, would remove some of the mismatches and give some of the teams in the weaker section a tangible chance of winning something.

The stronger teams grouped together in Premier Junior should in theory lift the standard there too.

A structure in hurling of Senior A, Senior B, premier intermediate, intermediate, premier junior, junior A and junior B would be excellent. Teams getting plenty of games versus others of similar standard. The changes made to the running of the championships over the last decade have been really beneficial. Not perfect, obviously, but a hell of a lot better than what went before it.

2 Likes

There’s been a Junior C for the first time this year as well I think? A fierce egalitarian setup.

I believe they are looking at options for changing the structure of the football championships. Surprise surprise the new option see less games.

1 Like