Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

The Belville Gael himself will have to sort it.

Twas the other side was the problem last year though!

Were busy in Munster. The plan would have worked only for them pesky Clifford’s

Any early news on the club management merry go round?

Didn’t get to see the Ballygunner vs Na Piarsiagh game the weekend. Are Ballygunner streets ahead? or were Na Piarsaigh very poor? only scoring 1-9 at senior level isn’t very impressive.

NAP were septic. Hard to know what to make of Ballygunnar after it they were so bad

There was a few things I took from the game.

We didn’t get enough scores in the first half with the wind.

The ref gave us nothing, absolutely nothing.
Shane O’Neill seemed to be constantly talking to the linesman. The linesman was obviously talking to the Ref who was explaining the decisions. The players were shaking their heads constantly. The indecision at the half time whistle was ludicrous. Not even a yellow card shown. And again at the end. What was that free out for?

Ballygunner had a few passages of really good play where we couldn’t match them. Hitting over two or three unanswered points in a row.

They have better subs. It limited what changes we could make.

When the game was in the melting pot and Ballygunner were on the back foot, I’d have moved up Michael Casey to centre back, WOD into midfield , Boylan to centre and Peter into the corner. It might have opened it op a bit.

3 Likes

Tight marking and the swirling wind kept the scores down on both sides.

There was a real lack of ideas from NAP on how they might get Peter Casey or indeed any forward in possession in space.

They made two subs. One in the 59th minute so it wasn’t the bench that done ye.

Thought yere touch, striking etc were way off and it allowed Ballygunnar to gobble ye up in the tackle.

There was a few anonymous big names who could have been called to shore and weren’t. Downes in particular was poor and gave away a pile of ball.

Its easy say whip off Downes but he was trying hard and the Na Piarsaigh subs are all unproven.

NAP were sluggish all year bar a few spells in the earlier group games.
They didn’t seem to play with any real great plan or purpose.

1 Like

That’s the least you’d expect in any championship game

I know but if you were a Ballygunner defender you’d still fear Downes a lot more to do damage even late in the game compared to some of the unheralded subs.

At club level there’s no point making subs for the sake of it. The best 15 usually starts and should be able for a 60 minute game. Its very different at IC.

As has been said, Ballygunner rarely bring on a sub unless they have to and they’ve a deeper panel than most. Ballyhale would never bring in 5 subs for the sake of it either.

I’d imagine this went a long way towards endearing him to the officials.

The rot set in early on I’m afraid…

Fuck ye Cork!! Ye can have Springsteen. We see ye and raise ye with

3 Likes

Basshunter now your gone is one of the most clsssic anthems off the 00s.

2 Likes

I don’t think Downes was poor at all, seems to be a fall guy for spectators.

That was one of the more impressive features of BGs game. Nap forwards weren’t given an inch to pull the trigger, particularly in the 1st half, made shooting extremely difficult

1 Like