Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

I heard a mad one today - County Board plan is to enlarge the Premier Intermediate grade to 12 teams for 2025. Meaning the four Intermediate semi finalists next year will all be promoted.

I’ve gone to all but one of the county board meetings this year, I’ve never heard anything about this.

Has anyone else?

264x264

It would make a bit of sense, to be fair. The PIHC and the JAHC have been our two best championships for some time but are a little bloated in terms of fixtures, particularly the 7 rounds in the PIHC which can be hard on dual clubs.

12 teams (presumably 2 groups of 6, winners to semis & 2nd/3rd to quarters) would reduce the group stages by two games and give a bit of breathing space. Be worth considering alright.

1 Like

I assume that would also filter down to premier / Junior A ?

If it is true, I wouldn’t be surprised that they are considering it because we are under a bit of pressure fixtures-wise.

Presumably they would keep Intermediate to 12 also. Would you promote all 4 semi-finalists and relegate the team that comes bottom? Would seem a little harsh on them tbh, but I don’t really see how else you’d do it.

I think @Julio_Geordio mentioned it before that they should streamline all the way down. I would agree tbh; if you go 12-12-12-12-12 and then leftovers in whatever the bottom tier is.

There was also talk that they’d be getting rid of the Senior A & Senior B for 2025 and revert to the old system? Anyone heard anything on that?

1 Like

So based on this year you’d have had Croagh, Granagh, Murroe and Hospital going up?

Anyone interested in Claughaun, Crecora, Rathkeale or Dromin/Athlacca hurling jobs or Na Piarsaigh or Camogue Rovers football job?

1 Like

Is Ger Hickey going to another club?

1 Like

It would seem to be the only way to do it.

It would have to if you’re taking four teams out of Intermediate.

Just in from Doon

Another county final.

I am frozen.

1 Like

Fair play!
It was a mad place to bring it…

Anyone have the league fixtures for both codes, must plan a few overnights.

This is the pick of them:

Saturday, February 3 - Down v Limerick, Pairc Esler at 6pm

Dates, times and venues confirmed for Limerick hurlers and footballers’ league fixtures - Limerick Live (limerickleader.ie)

3 Likes

A lovely (one may even call it extremely attractive) double header in Croker vs the Duds on the 24th Feb.

U-21B hurling final venue change. Now on in Kilmallock @ 12pm. We are spared another trip to Ballyagran……the graveyard of Croagh hurling teams.

1 Like

Anyone hear what happened Cian Lynch? In an ankle cast again.

Ankle ligament, out for 6-9 months.

Himself and Kyle will be huge losses next year

1 Like

Hopefully back for tailend of Munster

1 Like